shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on .90 carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

masc23

Rough_Rock
Hello all. Please let me know if this is an ok stone. From the GIA cert:

6.05 - 6.08 x 3.90 mm
Depth 64.3%
Table 57%
Slightly think to thick, faceted
culet - none
polish - good
symmetry - very good
clarity - vs2
color - H
Fluor - none

I am concered about the depth percentage and measurements. The very reputable local dealer I got it from said it is an ASG 1. It looks very beautiful. I paid $3450 for the stone. I have 10 days to deceide if I want it. Thanks for your opinions!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
It''s really deep, huh?

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
It is pretty deep...some of that is in the thick girdle.......do you have any other measurements? What does it look like?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It is a deep cut stone and faces up like an ideal cut stone of a lighter weight. (approx 80-85 pts.)

You say it is beautiful and that is what matters.

I don''t know how good the price was. You can do a search here for comparable stones to get an idea.

masc23

Rough_Rock
I don''t have any other measurements. It does look very pretty but a bit small. I decided on a .90 ct because I wanted more of an ideal cut at a lower weight because of my budget. I was hoping it would look closer to a carat.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
An ideal cut one carat stone should measure about 6.5 mms.

I have an ideal cut stone that weighs .96 and it measures 6.36-6.38 mms.

I have a deep cut stone that weighs .93 and it measures 6.0-6.1 mms.

Maybe you could ask your jewler to see if he/she could find you a stone with a larger "spread."

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this stone looks too deep @ 64.3% ,you''re losing diameter,have you look at other stones?

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
On this site, you can find the AGS cut grades.....I don''t think a 64 depth is a class one cut ....you might want to look up that chart for the numbers, and speak to him about that claim.....(that it was a grade 1 cut , I think.....?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results