shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on 2.0 ct VS1/G

the2bo5

Rough_Rock
Hi, I've learned so much from this forum. What a place! Finally it's time for my very own post looking for advice.

I'm in the market for Engagement Ring: Gem cut, set in platinum french pave, all in around $30k.

So far I've spent a lot of time in Bluenile.com finding G/VS1, which works for me.

However, having trouble when it comes to depth/table, and some other of the finer details.

Any thoughts on these?

Thanks so much!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With your budget and desired setting, I highly recommend you contact Victor Canera and his team. They carry super ideal cut diamonds which will blow any of the Blue Nile stones out of the water. And VC's hand-forged pave is second to none.

www.victorcanera.com

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would reject all 3 of your initial choices at BN. The proportions aren’t quite there for ideal light return and maximum fire.

Here’s what I would be targeting:

54-57 table
60-62 depth
34-35 crown (maybe 35.5, only if paired w/ 40.6p)
40.6-40.8 pavilion (maybe 41, only if paired with 34c)
75-80 LGF
GIA 3X or AGS 000

This won’t guarantee a perfect diamond but it narrows the field to some strong possibilities. Also it’s important to remember ALL these proportions work together so you can’t hit a couple and ignore the rest.

If you would like an “easy button” solution here’s one option from a great vendor, WhiteFlash. True H&A stone with maximum light return and fire and all the pedigree and advanced images to give an Eskimo the warm fuzzies.

2.01 G/VS2 @ $29,329 wire

Vatche Valoria Petite Pave Basket @ $1,839 wire

Total $31.168 but you may be able to ask if the Valoria is available in a plain shank to help lower costs a little. Still that’s hitting close to the dollars for a hassle free purchase with top tier performance and a generous & flexible lifetime upgrade on the stone, as well as the designer band.

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
I second this with your budget! :D
With your budget and desired setting, I highly recommend you contact Victor Canera and his team. They carry super ideal cut diamonds which will blow any of the Blue Nile stones out of the water. And VC's hand-forged pave is second to none.

www.victorcanera.com

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results