shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help locating dream padparadscha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d like to purchase a padparadscha sapphire. I''ve looked at the ones on the NSC site-- can anyone suggest some other sites I might look at?
Also, I''ve read that the owner of Winfield''s is great at locating stones. Who else can I approach?
Thank you in advance for your help!

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Yopu might want to check with Pala Gems. They are kind of the powerhouse of really fine gems.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Pala, Richard Wise, and maybe Cherrypicked.

If you're on a tight budget, then check out Simply Sapphires.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you care if it''s heated, Sri Lankan, African, budget???

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hallo,

It depends a lot on your idea of a pad and your budget (as always):

In the last years many neon orange pinks have come from Africa. They are close to bright ruby with a dash of orange and some in the trade don’t think they are padparadschas.

They do look terrific however, and if we stick to the old cliché of ‘lotus and sunset’ they fit well to the sunset image but less to the lotus. Here is an example of an African neon pink-orange (not for sale):

http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/picture5281.aspx

Some think pads have to be mildly colored, with light tones and medium saturation like this:

http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/picture5282.aspx
(seems there is a issue with the images, I leave as it is)

In my experience, Asian customers prefer the strongly colored pads, while in the West even pale pinkish orange sapphires are wanted as pads.

I have come to appreciate them both. The fat orange deep pink ones are sure flashy.

Crystal keeper

Rough_Rock
I would also check pala. does dream pad mean you are going to spend like $10K..or as close to a dream pad as you can get without breaking the bank so to speak
1.gif

centrc

Rough_Rock
As Edward said, it depends on what you want in a Pad. I purchased one from Richard Wise (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring.133390/) and the color is more of a salmon. Most places I looked at the stone was more pink than orange. It is all up to you. Some other places (Besides Richard Wise) I looked at where:

NSC
WildFishGems
AfricaGems

All of which are trustworthy based on my research. Do you life in NYC? If so, you can go down to NSC and check out the stones for yourself.

Mandira Gems

Rough_Rock
Hi...PADPARADSCHA...ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GEM. You can get the best from SRI LANKA ......Stunning and NATURAL!!! Even i''ve come across WORLD RECORD SIZE in that...It''s not yet cut...above 100 cts...Outstanding rough will going to BIG MONEY!!!

I''m NEW to this site...Like to share my opinions...like to get input from all experts here!
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ed, so basically both stronger and paler colors are considered a pad? I thought the definition was much more narrow?

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2010 1:24:39 PM
Author: Arcadian
Ed, so basically both stronger and paler colors are considered a pad? I thought the definition was much more narrow?

-A

It is, the gem labs came together and said something like medium saturation is the most saturated a true padparadscha can get. The definition of a padaparadscha keeps changing, who knows what it will be next week. Maybe by that time, pluto will be a planet again.
20.gif

http://www.gubelinlab.com/pdf/LMHC_InformationSheet_4_Padparadscha.pdf

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2010 1:34:55 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

-A

It is, the gem labs came together and said something like medium saturation is the most saturated a true padparadscha can get. The definition of a padaparadscha keeps changing, who knows what it will be next week. Maybe by that time, pluto will be a planet again.
20.gif

http://www.gubelinlab.com/pdf/LMHC_InformationSheet_4_Padparadscha.pdf

LOL!

Thanks TL, for the laugh and the information. I haven''t kept up with pads because its just been all over the place. But its nice to know that at least this week the definition won''t change
2.gif

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHAT???????????? Pluto''s not a planet??????? Noooooooooooooooooooo!

2.gif

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

-A

No, it has always been that way in Sri lanka:

orange-pink or pink-orange sapphire = padparadscha

As always, there are borderline when you have a tinted white with some little orange and/or pink hardly visible; or an extreme ruby-like gem with an idea of orange.
That line to draw is left to the buyers taste; and purse.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope Babynurse. Can you give us a bit more to go on in the way of budget and size etc? A very quick search shows me that Gemrite has some pads that start as low as $370.00. Whereas at the other end of the scale Cherrypicked have one at $45,890.

I also suggest you run a search on here for "padparadscha". What you will find is that there are a good many stones out there that have been Beryllium diffused. These stones have fooled some of the experts. So whatever stone you eventually choose, if you plan to invest a substantial amount of money in it, please insist that it comes with a certificate from an independant reputable lab.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 12:13:52 AM
Author: IndyLady
Pala, Richard Wise, and maybe Cherrypicked.

If you''re on a tight budget, then check out Simply Sapphires.
You know, the only one I saw (but it was a while ago) had what they called "minor color zoning" which in reality was a huge blue-colored line dissecting it! The good part - it was definitely not Be-treated but it looked weird!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results