shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help identifying this stone it is not glass. Has imperfections, no bubbles, reflects only it’s color also seems to change color blue to purple

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Plastic? Lucite?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a very nice paperweight!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Ever see Steven’s Universe? Looks like Sapphire lost their gem!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
id find out what it is (for conversation purposes) and get a beautiful stand for it and display it predominantly especially at Christmas
its very pretty
it would be cool if it was synthetic saphire

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure it’s not glass?
I have a collection of similar in different colours. There are some for sale on eBay.
It wont be a natural gem, no gem that big is that perfectly even in colour and without inclusions / crystal imerfections. If it’s not cut glass it’s most likely synthetic corundum.
A7DC5639-C5FF-4F59-96B8-E66FE2FF2066.jpeg

hrp853

Rough_Rock
I have a collection of similar in different colours. There are some for sale on eBay.
It wont be a natural gem, no gem that big is that perfectly even in colour and without inclusions / crystal imerfections. If it’s not cut glass it’s most likely synthetic corundum.

I thought the same thing, I know it’s pretty old, my husband dropped it from about 4 feet in the air on accident. pretty high up, it didn’t break, I think it’s beautiful looking at it sometimes it looks glowing dark blue and dark, then u will look at it and then it almost turns purple. Very dark striking colors.

hrp853

Rough_Rock
id find out what it is (for conversation purposes) and get a beautiful stand for it and display it predominantly especially at Christmas
its very pretty
it would be cool if it was synthetic saphire
It seems crazy to think that it might be synthetic or real, my son loves stones and he at one time had it in his pocket. Guess I just want to make sure it’s not valuable.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have some like that in various colors that are made of glass.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems crazy to think that it might be synthetic or real, my son loves stones and he at one time had it in his pocket. Guess I just want to make sure it’s not valuable.
Awww, that's sweet❤-- think you all can simply enjoy it without concern

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

:lol-2: that it travelled in your sons pocket adds to its story
i think it has real Cinderella charm
even as a paperweight i would find it memorizing and would want to pick it up and fondle it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh those are gorgouse baubles Bron :appl:
do you display them or just play with them on occasions

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s not valuable and it’s not a stone. Definitely glass or plastic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results