shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding the right shared prong setting for my Mark T cushion!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Incognito2

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I''ve found my stone....and have now started to shift my focus to the setting. I know that I want a 3/4 eternity shared prong (with prolly .05 melee stones) e-ring to hold the center diamond. My question is....WHERE SHOULD I GET IT FROM?!?!?! My criteria are as follows:
I want as much of the melee stones to show as possible (ideally they will look like little micrcocosms of the larger stone, with as little obtrusion from the prongs I can have while still being secure), and I would like it set in platinum, with F color stones.

Now, my choices are these:

1. I could have Mark T design and build a custom ring for me (I bought the stone from him)

2. I could have my stone set into a signed pieces setting.

3. I could find a local jeweler to work with.

4. I could use a different vendor and have my stone shipped to and from there.

What do you think my best bet is? Does anyone have positive/negative experiences to share. Comments GREATLY appreciated!!!!

P.S. I think microcosm should be the inaugural Pricescope vocabulary word of the day. This could be the start of an interesting feature to look forward to....

laney

Brilliant_Rock
My first thought is..

are you limited by time?
are you limited by budget?

If niether - then get it custom made? Why not? Then you''ll be closer to exactly what you envision.

If you need the ring sooner - you may want to go with stock design - signed pieces or other.. so that you could possibly get the finished product sooner than going through a whole design process and fabrication.

The other question is - did you already find your "dream" setting? Do you need it custom? If it exists - then go get it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Laney. There are no clear cut answers to your questions and they can differ person to person. There are many shared prong settings out there to choose from. A Jaffe makes a gorgeous set. Signed Pieces is great or if you have time and budget permits nothing wrong with going custom. It''s what you feel most comfortable with..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results