shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help finding Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you check out GOG yet???

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 1:50:36 PM
Author: kaleigh
Yeah, I did. They don''t have much selection in the size I am looking for, and what they do have is a bit pricey.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I haven''t been on their site for a while.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Would it be a good idea to contact, for example, WF, GOG, James Allen, and just tell them what I''m looking for. And then trust them to find me a good, quality stone, at which point I can then request pictures if necessary?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 1:56:26 PM
Author: qqq
Date: 2/14/2006 1:50:36 PM

Author: kaleigh

Yeah, I did. They don''t have much selection in the size I am looking for, and what they do have is a bit pricey.

with gog you need to contact them and ask what they have available.
The ones on the website are just a sample.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 1:55:27 PM
Date: 2/14/2006 1:47:41 PM

Author: strmrdr

not by the numbers

None of em are in stock so no pictures without calling them in.
What are you looking for in the numbers?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/all-about-asschers.24689/

mostly off square and good symmetry which lowers the odds of them being good ones.
Couple are on the deep side and not enough discount on em.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 2:19:28 PM

Date: 2/14/2006 1:55:27 PM

Date: 2/14/2006 1:47:41 PM

not by the numbers

None of em are in stock so no pictures without calling them in.
What are you looking for in the numbers?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/all-about-asschers.24689/

mostly off square and good symmetry which lowers the odds of them being good ones.
Couple are on the deep side and not enough discount on em.
Thanks Storm!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is one from WF Id consider calling in:
http://www.whiteflash.com/asscher/Asscher-cut-diamond-2244094.htm

That one is likely to be a drop pattern asscher.
The majority of the ones that they call in that have numbers like that one are.
Tight and square, low 60t and high 60s depth, 6.37-6.36X4.40
.1 variation all adds up to me its there supplier that usualy comes up with good ones.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 2:29:21 PM

.1 variation all adds up to me its there supplier that usualy comes up with good ones.
Sounds like a good one. It''s a little more than I was hoping to spend on the center though. I was hoping to keep the budget for the stone+setting to ~10-12k. Perhaps I am out of line in my assessment of what I can do, for what I want to spend.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 2:37:02 PM

Sounds like a good one. It''s a little more than I was hoping to spend on the center though. I was hoping to keep the budget for the stone+setting to ~10-12k. Perhaps I am out of line in my assessment of what I can do, for what I want to spend.

10k .. dont see it...
$12-$15k would be more like it.
If you dropped the asscher down to 1.25 you could get closer to 10k

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 3:16:12 PM

Date: 2/14/2006 2:37:02 PM

10k .. dont see it...
$12-$15k would be more like it.
If you dropped the asscher down to 1.25 you could get closer to 10k
Yeah, I guess I should figure around 9-10k for the center stone, and 3-4k for the setting. Oh well, I guess I will just have to up my budget a little
1.gif

fisher

Rough_Rock
For what it is worth, I recently utilized Whiteflash to bring in a diamond for me and had a very positive experience. They provided all the photos, etc. I then used them to build the custom setting and locate/purchase the side stones. Overall, I would give them an A. They were great, and I have since referred business to them and my friends have had positive things to say as well. My asscher was not too different from what you are looking for. If you are interested:

Here are the loose diamond, Sarin and Ideal Scope photos whiteflash provided:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-sarin.36906/

Here is the final ring in setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/her-asscher-in-done.39188/

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 3:40:46 PM
Author: fisher
For what it is worth, I recently utilized Whiteflash to bring in a diamond for me and had a very positive experience. They provided all the photos, etc. I then used them to build the custom setting and locate/purchase the side stones. Overall, I would give them an A. They were great, and I have since referred business to them and my friends have had positive things to say as well. My asscher was not too different from what you are looking for. If you are interested:

Here are the loose diamond, Sarin and Ideal Scope photos whiteflash provided:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-sarin.36906/

Here is the final ring in setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/her-asscher-in-done.39188/
Thanks fisher, that stone is unreal!!
3.gif
Did you have to pay to have the stone brought in to get the pictures, or did they have it on hand?

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Storm will help you find the very best let us know what you find. We love pix btw with asschers those are a must to evaluate patterns, windmills concentric circles etc.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I would definitely call GOG and talk to them about what you are looking for. They are really awesome to work with. Good luck!!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
My personal opinion is that unless it is *easy* to increase your budget, just reduce the size of your stone a smidge. With a fab setting like that, what difference will small percentage of a mm make on the stone, when it is surrounded by the twinkling pave halo you have planned? If you went down to $8-8.5K for a center, you might lose, what, a little over a tenth of a mm in some cases? I just bought a 1.05 ct asscher and was amazed at the small size differences in mm between 1, 1.25, 1.3, 1.5...I know they look more substantial but the measurements are very close in some cases.

If I was your girlfriend, I''d want you to stick to your budget, get a great stone in a great setting, and not worry about stretching yourself financially for less than a half a mm of size in the center.

It will be an unbelievable ring as it is! Who has that great one Storm helped pick out from GOG with a .9 asscher? It looks insanely beautiful. Even if you went smaller than a 1.5, it would be larger than that, which is gorgeous enough as it is...she''ll faint!

My two cents'' worth.
26.gif

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 4:09:30 PM
Author: wallermama
My personal opinion is that unless it is *easy* to increase your budget, just reduce the size of your stone a smidge. With a fab setting like that, what difference will small percentage of a mm make on the stone, when it is surrounded by the twinkling pave halo you have planned? If you went down to $8-8.5K for a center, you might lose, what, a little over a tenth of a mm in some cases? I just bought a 1.05 ct asscher and was amazed at the small size differences in mm between 1, 1.25, 1.3, 1.5...I know they look more substantial but the measurements are very close in some cases.

If I was your girlfriend, I''d want you to stick to your budget, get a great stone in a great setting, and not worry about stretching yourself financially for less than a half a mm of size in the center.

It will be an unbelievable ring as it is! Who has that great one Storm helped pick out from GOG with a .9 asscher? It looks insanely beautiful. Even if you went smaller than a 1.5, it would be larger than that, which is gorgeous enough as it is...she''ll faint!

My two cents'' worth.
26.gif
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. You make some very good points. I definitely have a lot to think about.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 4:13:57 PM
Author: BrownEyes
qqq:

I know you mentioned custom settings, but have you seen this one?

http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamonds/info/46-Simon-G-19-1702-000-SIMON-G-ANTIQUE-STYLE-DIAMOND-AND-18K-GOLD-ENGAGEMENT-RING-MOUNTING-000-.html

I spotted it on the Firenze Jewels website a few days ago, and I immediately thought of it when I read your post.

Best of luck to you! You''re in good hands with Kaleigh, Storm and others who post on this board.
Nice find. The halo is perfect, exactly what I''m looking for. However, the rest of the ring is too bulky for what I want. But I will definitely keep that pic for the halo design purposes. Thanks for finding that.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Wow, just got a quote back from Leon for the setting I wanna try to do. A lot pricier than I was expecting. Does anyone know if his prices run on the high side, or is he pretty comparable with the other vendors used by people on this forum?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Quest gave us a rough quote of around 2k for a halo ring. Your replica ring may cost more, but just to give you a ballpark figure. I can''t wait to see pics!!

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 7:07:02 PM
Author: indecisive
Quest gave us a rough quote of around 2k for a halo ring. Your replica ring may cost more, but just to give you a ballpark figure. I can''t wait to see pics!!
Wow, yeah big difference there. The quote from Leon was for $8300! $3500-4500 for labor, and then $1-3k for the pink melee, and ~$800 for the rest of the pave.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
The pink melee and the exact replica of whout you want will probably be more than 2k but I can''t see it being that high! He does very good work, but you may want to call around!

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 7:33:31 PM
Author: indecisive
The pink melee and the exact replica of whout you want will probably be more than 2k but I can''t see it being that high! He does very good work, but you may want to call around!
Yeah, it seems a bit high to me. I am definitely "shopping around" for prices. I know he does excellent work, but there is no way a setting at that price is gonna fit the budge.

fisher

Rough_Rock
To answer your question, yes, Whiteflash did have to call the stone in for me. It was no bid deal. They did not charge me anything. They even let me go to their offices and view the stone (twice) as well as the wax and setting and side stones at different times.

qqq

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 12:37:21 PM
Author: fisher
To answer your question, yes, Whiteflash did have to call the stone in for me. It was no bid deal. They did not charge me anything. They even let me go to their offices and view the stone (twice) as well as the wax and setting and side stones at different times.
Cool, thanks fisher. I actually just heard back from them about some stones. I am seeing if they can send me pics, so hopefully I can post some soon, and you guys can tell me what ya think.

qqq

qqq

Shiny_Rock
I am seeing if I can get a pic, but how does this one sound, number-wise:

Asscher 1.52 H VS1 GIA
Depth - 69
Table - 64
6.43 x 6.42 x 4.43
Girdle - m-tk f
Culet - no
Symmetry - very good
Polish - good
Flourescence - no
$8657 $8834

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 1:12:12 PM
I am seeing if I can get a pic, but how does this one sound, number-wise:

Asscher 1.52 H VS1 GIA

Depth - 69

Table - 64

6.43 x 6.42 x 4.43

Girdle - m-tk f

Culet - no

Symmetry - very good

Polish - good

Flourescence - no

$8657 $8834

not one id pay to call in.
biggest question is why the polish is only good.
if its only one small facet or part of one then kewl but if its the table or a major facet then its not so kewl.
Beyond that need pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results