shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Finding a Pave Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi alll

I am looking for an approx. 2mm platinum pave setting. It needs to accomodate a 1.5 carat box radiant.
My problem is I can only seem to find either michael b. settings (which i really like but are expensive) or settings that have a channel around the diamonds.
I am looking for a band that is thin but sparkly and does not have the trim around it.
If possible I would like to find one for under $3k ( i am canadian so I would have to get it shipped and pay duty/exchange /tax etc.)

I know a lot of people like the Michael b. setting--i have not seen one in person. Is it really superior to other pave-like settings, or is it just widely available/trendy?

Thanks for your help

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen the Ritani rings? They are very well made pave bands and don't have the pricetag that Michael B does.

ETA: ah, I see you don't want the channel/pave style. I personally like the look better than the rings without it and compared both styles of Michael b rings in person. You can see my thread here.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
My Vera Wang setting is a bit skinnier than that (~1.3mm) and has diamond prongs & prong-tips, but might be the general look you''re going for? (and is in your price range!) You have to find a jeweler who is willing to sell you only a Vera Wang setting though (Michael C Fina in NYC did this for me) as some will only see you VW settings with her branded stones set in them. My thread is here if you want to see more pictures!

albi_vwang_cushion3.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice--i actually did get to see the Michael B. in person (luckily there is a dealer only 3 hours from me near my sister''s place--and i don''t mind driving to see diamonds!) I really liked it. I currently have a pave band (set in a channel) so i know i don''t want it -hehe--i love the vera wang setting, but i don''t think i can get one around here and it is important for me to see it in person.

i will post pics when i finally get diamond and band together!

thanks guys

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
albi i don''t know if you saw my post last week but we visited BBB recently and the gal mentioned they have been having alot of problems with the vera wang settings because they are too thin and she said they were not that well-made. i didn''t know if you had any issues with your ring, but just wanted to say be careful and make sure to get it checked regularly!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results