carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a cotton summer blanket

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queen size ........ of course! :mrgreen:

I want something high quality, machine washable and machine dry-able, on the thick side and 100% cotton.
Any advice welcome, general to specific.
Where online should I shop, or avoid?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have one of these and I like it. They run large but its soft, washable and dryable, 100% cotton.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have one of these and I like it. They run large but its soft, washable and dryable, 100% cotton.

I've been seeing this in my ads, I'm glad to hear someone likes it! My kids each have a muslin blanket and love them.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I like ones like this, waffle weave? Nothing fancy but, to me, they do the job just fine. I wouldn't say they're thick, exactly, but flexible since you can just use either one or two of them. I wash and dry mine frequently since I don't use a top sheet.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you considered a cotton flannel blanket? Lots of options.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have bought a cotton summer quilt. You can get them at target, Walmart and probably Bed, bath and beyond. They are inexpensive and quite nice. A queen size is a bit big for the washer. Maybe my machine is smaller than yours.

Annette

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered one, 20% off, SPRING20. Most of the colors are out of stock but they have free shipping and returns so I'm going to try it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wayfair and even Amazon have everything. I just bought a nice cotton quilt from wayfair.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love matelasse coverlets. If they are a good quality they are thick and heavy. I always buy one size up because of shrinkage after drying in the dryer. I like my blankets to be able to have plenty of room on the sides to tuck in.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen size ........ of course! :mrgreen:

I want something high quality, machine washable and machine dry-able, on the thick side and 100% cotton.
Any advice welcome, general to specific.
Where online should I shop, or avoid?

You are hysterical! :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought 2 of these - then 2 more for a friend. They're lovely.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like ones like this, waffle weave? Nothing fancy but, to me, they do the job just fine. I wouldn't say they're thick, exactly, but flexible since you can just use either one or two of them. I wash and dry mine frequently since I don't use a top sheet.

I have something similar
as close as i could get to what Air NZ used to dish out at bedtime in economy on long haul flights

the only thing i find is Gary does not like the waffle weave feeling through the top sheet

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought 2 of these - then 2 more for a friend. They're lovely.

I love this!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone.
Your endorsements carry a lot of weight; I'll have to kiss fewer fogs to find my prince. :Up_to_something:

I'm checking out all these and likely will buy a few from sources with good return policies.
I'll experience them directly, instead of seeing just pics with sensual lighting from pro photographers and reading professional ad copy.

I'll keep one and return the others.
I feel no guilt about this.

Back in my day we could go to a big mall and personally check out a wide selection of things in one trip.
We could hold it, feel it, judge the weight and texture of the weave BEFORE buying.
Buying this way made returns rare.

Not my fault that I have to buy a few, judge them, and return all but one.
I do it all the time for many things, and feel no guilt.

I did this back when I bought a round diamond.
The sales folks at the local jewelry stores were horrified at the ACA and Solasfera I brought in and held next to their diamond - tweezer to tweezer.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@kenny I forgot to add this blanket. It’s relatively inexpensive…I have a few of these. I love them. I do the same by buying one size up. I hate a blanket that shrinks. With cotton you never know if it will. I tuck any excess under the mattress.
C2984229-C878-49E3-8D5E-952AA440E798.jpeg

Attachments

• 3E5E7DEA-2FF8-4C54-A03B-EED0B9DF2D02.jpeg
    3E5E7DEA-2FF8-4C54-A03B-EED0B9DF2D02.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 4

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
A blanket is the kind of thing I pretty much just toss into my cart at Target or Walmart without too much thought. So now I'm wondering if *I* should feel guilty. :lol:

But I have no complaints about the basic white cotton "waffle weave" (if that's the right word) so that's what I continue to get, on the rare occasions that I need another one.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A blanket is the kind of thing I pretty much just toss into my cart at Target or Walmart without too much thought.
So now I'm wondering if *I* should feel guilty. :lol:

Shoppers just vary. ;))
This one is unnecessarily picky.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Check out Tommy Bahama.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone.
Your endorsements carry a lot of weight; I'll have to kiss fewer fogs to find my prince. :Up_to_something:

I'm checking out all these and likely will buy a few from sources with good return policies.
I'll experience them directly, instead of seeing just pics with sensual lighting from pro photographers and reading professional ad copy.

I'll keep one and return the others.
I feel no guilt about this.

Back in my day we could go to a big mall and personally check out a wide selection of things in one trip.
We could hold it, feel it, judge the weight and texture of the weave BEFORE buying.
Buying this way made returns rare.

Not my fault that I have to buy a few, judge them, and return all but one.
I do it all the time for many things, and feel no guilt.

I did this back when I bought a round diamond.
The sales folks at the local jewelry stores were horrified at the ACA and Solasfera I brought in and held next to their diamond - tweezer to tweezer.

When i first started work the place i worked for had a manchester dept (i worked im the garden dept) anyway the ladies would not be happy with you inless you could get that blanket back into its packaging
I remembers duvet covers were particularly hard to get back in

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
:love::love::love::love::love:: I love Parachute bedding.

Cons:
It's expensive

Pros:
Lovely earthy colors, textured looks, and find that they age well with washes, pets, etc.

What I've bought:
I have had the Metalasse cotton coverlet for about 4 months and LOVE it so far, and have had the Linea cotton coverlet for about 2yrs. Nothing bad to say about either. They are both breathable so nice for warmer months, but I layer them for midwestern winters.

I have also bought multiple sets of sheets for us and guests, quilts, and linen coverlets from Parachute too. I'm obviously a fan :lol:

Other mentions:
  • :knockout::knockout::knockout: I bought a Target cotton quilt at the same time as the Linea one from Parachute, and it is now in rags...very poor longevity.
  • :knockout: Brooklinen is also trendy for bedding and not inexpensive, but I find their sheets don't last nearly as well as Parachute. Haven't bought a quilt to compare tho, but I won't based on the quality of their sheets.
  • :love: I'd kill for Coyuchi blankets, but too expensive for me to take the plunge
  • :love::love::love: I like supporting independent vendors...Amour Linen on Etsy has lovely linen fabrics. I can't vouch for their blankets, but I have bought heaps of their linen waffle weave towels and I find they are extremely high quality and luxe for the price point...they appear to be a similar material and I hope to buy a blanket one day

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My cotton blankets are more than 20 years old, i brought them before i was with Gary
Mind you we use a top sheet so they don't get washed more than once or twice a year - we only use them a few months of the summer and in winter they occasionally get sandwiched between the duvet and the top bed cover on particularly cold nights

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results