shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I''m new to posting but have been a very frequent visitor over the last few weeks. I would love to hear from anyone who has advice on the following delima....

I have found a setting (from Diamondsonweb) that I like and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a band that would go niceley. I am only interested in in an eternity band or full pave as a last resort (I would like to be able to size if needed). 1/2 pave would be nice. With whatever I choose it doesn''t appear that it would sit flush with this setting. Any suggestions on that issue? I am aware that I have to be careful in my selection due to the paves in the e-ring and w-band rubbing etc... Am I just out of the ball park on this one? Should I be looking at another setting? I have picked my SquareH&A to set from GOG and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Michelle

3stonepavewith princess.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think your setting is so brilliant it might need to be worn alone.
Have you thought about wearing a diamond band on your right hand instead?

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your reply. That is a good suggestion. Is it common to wear the wedding band on the opposite hand?

My quest has been taxing on my mind. It''s a long story. The short version is that I traded my original set up at Zales (Husband''s spur of the moment idea) and upgraded (if you can call it that) to a 1ct center stone. Went home to wait for jeweler to set the center and decided to do a little research to see if we had been "taken", found GOG''s website...received credit from Zales for 1ct "upgrade"...kept set because I really liked it...sent to GOG for them to set the SQH&A that I have chosen...knew they''d have to replace the head...found out all the diamonds in the channel setting are loose after only two weeks of wear...need to re-size down (because I listened to the Zales sales lady)...Decided this is too much work on a brand new setting that has good color H/I but only I1/I2 side stones to set such a beautiful stone in...Setting being returned Monday.

The plus side to all of this is that I''ll get my original set back (which I still wonder how I could part with). I was planning on wearing it on my right hand. It is set in yellow gold and I wear mostly silver jewelry and would love to find someone to re-make my setting in platinum.

I don''t know if my husband knew what he was getting into that day. When I started researching he decided to leave it up to me (he says he''s tagging along-I say it''s because of 17.5 years of marriage
30.gif
). I love the diamond we have chosen but feel like I can''t ask too much and break his bank on the setting.

Any help and suggestions are very welcomed.

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results