shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help deciding. Where to sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ray_H

Rough_Rock
They all do well on HCA.

The first 2 are very close in price - about $100 when discounted.

This first is an I - SI1.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2045484.htm
#
Ok - this one the color drops to a J but the clarity jumps to a VS1.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1829014.htm

This one combines the above for an I color VS1. Of course it''s another $1000 more than the other 2.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1335320.htm
#

With a good cut and platinum band will I really notice the J color? Or do I go with the I and hope that it''s eye-clean?
Or wait and try to come up with the extra $1000 - which I had a few days ago.

Almost April 15th and Uncle Sam wanted some of my ring money for taxes. Guess Uncle Sam must be a bachelor.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Call or email WF and ask about the SI1. If it''s eyeclean, that''d be my choice. I/SI1 is my favorite color/clarity combo. Otherwise, go with the J. With an excellent cut, all people will notice is "Why does that diamond sparkle more than mine?" Save your $1k, especially with your tax bill hitting now.

Agent3Civ

Shiny_Rock
Well first off, you don''t have to guess that it''s eyeclean. Call WF up and ask them. This way you will know for sure. I just recently bought a diamond ring from them and let me tell you, they will bend over backwards to help you out. They will give you all the information you request, and if they have all 3 of those stones in house, they can pull them and do a side by side comparison and let you know their opinions.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the advice. Call WF and ask if the I/SI1 is eye-clean. I think that''s the best combination of the three.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto calling to check the si stone. i think i/si is a great combination. that would be my first choice.
2.gif

Agent3Civ

Shiny_Rock
They are all saying good things Ray. The stone I purchased was also I/SI1. I called and they said it was eye clean and let me know their opinions of it. Eased my mind greatly. Good luck!!!
1.gif
1.gif

Ray_H

Rough_Rock
Wow - you guys are great!!!

I''ve posted on other boards - not about diamonds - I''ve posted computer questions, TV buying advice etc. and waited days or weeks to get responses.

On pricescope I''ve gotten 5 very informative responses in the first 10 minutes!!!

I am contacting White Flash as we speak about the I/SI1 combination.

Keeping my fingers crossed - hopefully I''ll be posting to the photo board soon.

Thanks again.

Roland

Rough_Rock
I''d have to echo what everyone has said about the I/SI1. And ask whiteflash if it is eyeclean. I have a lovely .92CT I1 marquis that (to me anyway) is completely eyeclean. Don''t get too hung up on numbers and grades, let your eyes do the analysis. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results