shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help coming up with ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiggyDiamond

Rough_Rock

Hello everyone, Thank you all for contributing to this great sight.

Well I''ve decided that it''s time to ask my GF to marry me. We''ve dated for 3 1/2 going on 4 years. We''ve planned to move in with each other in May/June when she finishes graduate school.

I''ve planned a (surprise) trip for us to go to Ft. Myers, Florida (Gullwing Resort) from May 11th to May 16th. I''ve involved her boss to schedule the time off work without her knowledge(FYI - We work together). I''ve involved her mom so I''m not interfering with any family graduation celebration plans. I''ve been playing this off to the people I''ve told about the trip as a graduation present even though I''m also planning to propose while on the trip.

Her last day of school is Thursday May 8th. I plan on telling her on May 9th after work that way she''ll have time to pack and get ready. Another thing i plan on doing is scheduling an appointment with her hair dresser on May 10th during the morning. The rest of that day will be spent shopping (for a new bathing suit I''m sure

22.gif
) and packing.

Do you think this is enough time to get ready for a trip? I know it is for me but then again I''m a guy.

2.gif

Since I have all this time to plan out my actual proposal i was hoping some people on this forum could help me come up with something nice, romantic, and unforgettable.

So far I''ve not given it a ton of thought but my ideal scenario would go like this. I would be able to go to a small private (deserted - seen some on satellite imagery) island and propose on the shore during a sunset. Being that I''m so far away and i don''t know anybody down there i see this as being really difficult to pull off. I''d have to find an island i was allowed on and a person with a boat to help me or rent one. I''m not saying it''s impossible but it''s definitely going to be a challenge. Do any of you think this would be possible to pull off? If so how would you try to accomplish this.

Really that''s all I''ve come up with so far. It''s been hectic enough planning this trip now i that I''ve got that set in stone i need to focus on how the proposal should got.

Please ask me any questions to help generate ideas.

Thanks for replying!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Your proposal sounds so thoughtful :) Can''t help you with island/ boat hire but just wanted to say that I think you are giving her plenty of time to pack, especially if she still lives with her mum and she knows about it, I''m sure her mum can have things washed and ready to pack. Good luck!

DiggyDiamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance.

She lives alone right now. I only brought her mom into it because of possibly planning this trip during a family graduation plans. Also her mom works in the MBA office of the college she is graduating from. I got info regarding her graduation date and last day of class so I didn't have to ask my GF. Sneaky me heheļ

I understand my boat and beach idea is almost impossible to pull off so that for now is still only a dream but I'm still researching it. Although where there's a will there is a way.

I've read a few ideas but I'm not sure that I'm into it.

Message in a bottle buried in the sand, writing in the sand as you walk, ect

Mainly I was hoping for ideas that include the beach that are private and sweet.

Hopefully somebody can post something and maybe at the very least it will help kick start my creative juices.

Thanks

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diggy!

I really think the idea of the msg in the bottle in the sand is fun and cute. If you can work out some way that she would be preoccupied with it while you are kneeling etc, that might be a perfect route for you to go.

I know that I probably would shy away from a bottle in the sand on the beach and make my bf pick it up instead so maybe if your gf is like that, you may want to "find" the bottle and take out the message and read it to her while kneeling and then pull the ring out?

I don''t know ... some may say it is cheesy but I think it is cute. If it suits you two well and your relationship, then go for it!

Good luck!

CoastieLove

Rough_Rock
You might want to consider renting a jet ski - this might allow you to seek out an island or a more private area. The jet ski company/guide might even be able to suggest a place . . . .

Best of Luck!

DiggyDiamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks CoastieLove,

That is a great idea. I will look into that.

basisforaday

Rough_Rock
the deserted islands near that resort are not out in the ocean, but rather in the interior bay. I think you may be better off if you are looking for that deserted island feel going south to key west area may be a better bet. call the resort you have made reservations at and explain the situation to them they may be able to provide a local service.

also on a side note, I don''t think you need to be sneaky about your girlfriends graduation date. My girlfriend just finished her masters and it was pretty normal to talk about when she was going to be graduating, when she was finally going to be done with classes.

nolimits

Rough_Rock
Is the hotel you are staying at beach front? If so, talk with the hotel and see if they can assist you in your idea.

One thought would be to take your gf out on a boat or jet ski for a little while before sunset. As the sun is about to set, head back near the shoreline (close enough so you can see "Will you marry me" written on the sand by the hotel staff while you were gone) and shut off the engine. Try to keep her back to the beach while you gaze into the sunset. Tell her how special she is and then gently point her toward the beach and pop the ring out. If you (or she) likes the down on a knee proposal, this is best to be done in a boat.

If you are set on a deserted island, then the hotel can likely assist with that as well. Just let them know you will compensate them for their help in helping you.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo I was in Ft Myers at that exact time last year it''s a perfect time to go! Not to busy not too hot I had an amazing time. I''m sure you and your sweetie will too.

Seems like that resort is on the south end of the island which is perfect it''s quieter down there. Call the resort I''m sure they can help you out. You can also post on a travel site like TripAdvisor I remember when we were planning our trip there were a couple locals that were very helpful.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
As far as the preparation timing... Do you live in a warm climate? If not, I would think that she may need more than 1 afternoon to find a weeks worth of "cute" clothing for the Beach and Florida weather. If you live in a warm climate then that should probably be enough time. Heck, you can always take her shopping once you get there too!!
2.gif

tickintime

Rough_Rock
Best of luck!! I love surprises. Maybe you could "loose" her bag and go shopping when you get there. Afterwards, take her to get her nails done and make it sound as though you are trying to pamper her and let her relax after the bag "mishaps." This would let her have her nails done pretty for those hand shots you are going to post!

Of course, I would recommend you transfer her bag contents to yours so that she does indeed have her personal belongings with her.

Just an idea...

ETA: Of course now that I think of my darling, this would never work. She is quite hard to surprise and keeps my running in circles so that I can make it an actual surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results