shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help collecting photo ideas for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

My GF is hoping to get engaged soon (hooray) and has claimed that she''s ''not a diamond'' girl...and would rather a thick band with a pattern and perhaps some small diamonds within the pattern.

Off the top of my head I thought of Etienne Perret or Tiffany Etoile Bands, the beautiful Beverly K floral bands with diamonds...

BUT what I want to show here is that you can still have THAT thick band look AND have a gorgeous centre stone.

for example:

Now...what else should I be showing her for ideas? TiA!
1.gif

Beverly K 62PP1.jpg

Cassian

Rough_Rock
www.topazery.com has a lot of beautiful thick bands similar to the one you posted, if she likes that style. Here is the page. Wedding Bands. I really like this one:

rg1122-2.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Here is a Ritani I''m going to show her:

Ritani 34QQ1.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I hope Kats doesn''t mind me posting her ring...but this is a classic and would also giver her that look:

Holly Tiffany Etoile and semi-bezel.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
And of course, this set, posted by N-jo.

This can show her how she can add that touch of glam with the sparkly stacked bands:

ALL suggestions welcome. Thanks all!

stacked.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 1:49:42 PM
Author: Cassian
www.topazery.com has a lot of beautiful thick bands similar to the one you posted, if she likes that style. Here is the page. Wedding Bands. I really like this one:
ooo ooo ooo ooo I''m IN LOVE with this:

Thanks for the link Cassian! Whoa. this set is to die for
30.gif

Beverly K wedding set.jpg

Cassian

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 2:09:04 PM
Author: mela lu

30.gif
I KNOW!!! If I had seen that one before DF propsed with my current ring, I definitely would have sent that picture to him. I LOVE that set!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
can I ask THE DUMBEST question?

What does DF and DH stand for?

Me not so clever!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF = Dear Fiance
DH = Dear Husband

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I *thought* so...but I finally asked. finally.

thanks Chrono!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problems, mela lu. There is never a dumb question, only ones that aren''t asked.
2.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Alrighty!! I''ve discussed with her, and these are the winners:

Princess cut stone, in a semi-bezel wide band. with a 5 row pave wedding band. PAAM!

THis should be in the rocky talk forum. oops.

I"m going to hunt down this e-ring setting for her...if anyone can think of a designer who makes something like this, please jump in! :)

This pic is the Tiffany lucida, but she likes the TOP view of it...but wants the profile flat (no raised stone). Bueller?

Holly lucid a princess.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
and something like this for a W-band.

Holly 5 row pave wedding band.jpg

Corseted

Rough_Rock
I really love the 2nd ring, Cassian!
It looks like what Lancelot would have given Guinevere.
37.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mela Lu, Love that wband!! Here's a pic I found that I really liked of a super-skinny bezel e-ring (low profile) with a w-band like you pictured! It's made by Linda Penwarden...I would also recommend Sholdt for maybe a semi-bezel?

home1a.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a pic of a Sholdt (style RC408) semi-bezel: (of course, these are both RBs tho...)

Copy of RC408.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 2:09:04 PM

30.gif

Topazery won''t sell the mountings, only complete rings. Elizabeta and Pearlmans will have this Bev K set.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately, all other semi-bezel princess settings that I could find were in England...
But now for some photoshopping fun: ;-)

P10250949.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 3:01:17 AM
Author: blingergrrrl
Unfortunately, all other semi-bezel princess settings that I could find were in England...
But now for some photoshopping fun: ;-)
HEE! Thanks Blingergrrrl! Your photoshopping skills are impressive!! I love that Sholdt one. I''ll show it to her.

Linda Penwarden - I know where that is in Toronto.
36.gif

The challenge is always finding someone in Toronto who carries certain designers. Sometimes things don''t look as good on the finger, right!?

I''ll go see if/who carries Sholdt''s here. fingers crossed. Toronto (Canada in general) is Jewelry deficient is so many ways.
38.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t I know it!! lol.
4.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2007 2:45:38 PM
I *thought* so...but I finally asked. finally.

thanks Chrono!
OH THANK GOODNESS, i''m NOT the only one!!!!
20.gif
i also *thought* that''s what it was, but was never sure and felt so out of the loop!!
3.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 9:51:22 AM

HEE! Thanks Blingergrrrl! Your photoshopping skills are impressive!! I love that Sholdt one. I'll show it to her.

Linda Penwarden - I know where that is in Toronto.
36.gif

The challenge is always finding someone in Toronto who carries certain designers. Sometimes things don't look as good on the finger, right!?

I'll go see if/who carries Sholdt's here. fingers crossed. Toronto (Canada in general) is Jewelry deficient is so many ways.
38.gif
Please let me know if you find out. And if you guys try them on, please take pictures to share with us PSers!
9.gif

(oh and BTW, there's a couple of threads out there about PS lingo - ie. what DH DF OMC EC, etc, etc, means...in fact, I started one cuz I was getting really confused!)

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
*bump* to see how things are going!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
no news here...Still no e-ring...this is my 4th week bare.
7.gif
My finger is so lonely.

As for my friend...she told me to stop "jinxing" her with photos of erings. haha. I find Canadian girls in general not that into the design of their erings. They just kinda take what they're given. Agree? Or am I alone here?

PS. I haven't found anywhere to try on designer settings
7.gif
My GF told me to cool my jets, and I'm not allowed to buy any jewlery for a while (says FI).
27.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 10:13:31 AM
7.gif
My finger is so lonely.

As for my friend...she told me to stop ''jinxing'' her with photos of erings. haha. I find Canadian girls in general not that into the design of their erings. They just kinda take what they''re given. Agree? Or am I alone here?

PS. I haven''t found anywhere to try on designer settings
7.gif
My GF told me to cool my jets, and I''m not allowed to buy any jewlery for a while (says FI).
27.gif
I completely agree, it''s like that around here too. I don''t know if it''s a throw back to the British influence or what. Most are just happy to look in a mall store! eek! I think they just don''t understand what they could actually get for their money, or is it just that our culture is more "shy" about things like erings? My GFs think I am a diamond expert because I know different shapes of diamonds (which they think is limitied to round/square/marquise and "that teardrop shaped one")...lol. But I also think that the guys don''t do enough research around here. My friend mentioned that she always wanted a marquise diamond solitaire, and her BF of 7 years got her 3 stone RB ring. Uhh, what? He didn''t even consult her friends, he just went to the "friend of the family''s jeweler". eek again! (Obviously I am happy for them and I realize the ring is not the most important thing, but still...well, heck, I''m on PRICESCOPE people!)

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 2:54:56 PM

7.gif
My finger is so lonely.

As for my friend...she told me to stop ''jinxing'' her with photos of erings. haha. I find Canadian girls in general not that into the design of their erings. They just kinda take what they''re given. Agree? Or am I alone here?

7.gif
My GF told me to cool my jets, and I''m not allowed to buy any jewlery for a while (says FI).
27.gif
I completely agree, it''s like that around here too. I don''t know if it''s a throw back to the British influence or what. Most are just happy to look in a mall store! eek! I think they just don''t understand what they could actually get for their money, or is it just that our culture is more ''shy'' about things like erings? My GFs think I am a diamond expert because I know different shapes of diamonds (which they think is limitied to round/square/marquise and ''that teardrop shaped one'')...lol. But I also think that the guys don''t do enough research around here. My friend mentioned that she always wanted a marquise diamond solitaire, and her BF of 7 years got her 3 stone RB ring. Uhh, what? He didn''t even consult her friends, he just went to the ''friend of the family''s jeweler''. eek again! (Obviously I am happy for them and I realize the ring is not the most important thing, but still...well, heck, I''m on PRICESCOPE people!)
I agree completely! Here in SK there is nothing but the same old same old for settings - and overpriced rocks with no sparkle (or if they have sparkle they are rediculously expensive!) I went into a few B&Ms a while back just to compare to my "not here yet" ering and I saw some guy looking at engagement rings. The ONLY thing he asked about was the price. Within 5 minutes he bought one.
38.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 3:10:28 PM
Author: happilyeverafter

Date: 7/4/2007 2:54:56 PM

7.gif
My finger is so lonely.

7.gif
27.gif
I completely agree, it''s like that around here too. I don''t know if it''s a throw back to the British influence or what. Most are just happy to look in a mall store! eek! I think they just don''t understand what they could actually get for their money, or is it just that our culture is more ''shy'' about things like erings? My GFs think I am a diamond expert because I know different shapes of diamonds (which they think is limitied to round/square/marquise and ''that teardrop shaped one'')...lol. But I also think that the guys don''t do enough research around here. My friend mentioned that she always wanted a marquise diamond solitaire, and her BF of 7 years got her 3 stone RB ring. Uhh, what? He didn''t even consult her friends, he just went to the ''friend of the family''s jeweler''. eek again! (Obviously I am happy for them and I realize the ring is not the most important thing, but still...well, heck, I''m on PRICESCOPE people!)
I agree completely! Here in SK there is nothing but the same old same old for settings - and overpriced rocks with no sparkle (or if they have sparkle they are rediculously expensive!) I went into a few B&Ms a while back just to compare to my ''not here yet'' ering and I saw some guy looking at engagement rings. The ONLY thing he asked about was the price. Within 5 minutes he bought one.
38.gif
Whoa....that is scary!! But my FI basically did the same thing! The online market, and the availability in the US is just out of the realm of understanding for most Canadians. THey have NO idea!

My friends kind of roll their eyes at me if I mention diamond knowledge as if I''m being capricious. I roll my eyes back at them for their consumer ignorance!
25.gif
25.gif
haha. They know: Tiffany = good, People''s = average

Thats about it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results