shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help, big time

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kyrie32

Rough_Rock
Hello--my 25th anniversary is fast approaching. We don''t have alot to spend on a nice anniversary, or diamond, ring. In fact, about $1500 would be the limit. Basically I''m looking for something as nice as I can get for that price. The size doesn''t matter, it''s the quality I''m looking for. I''ve been looking on Ebay, and I see that the seller, "diamond_dudes" has 100% good feedback after selling over 500+ diamond items. Would someone be able to check them out and tell me what they think of this seller and their merchandise? Would this be a good way to go? Any other advice would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Not sure about e-bay, but how about ear rings?

Regards,

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been salivating over that Raffi bangle bracelet (the first one Gypsy posted) since I saw it. Beautiful! Any of the options are great - and you''d luck out on price since their currently having a sale.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That first bracelet is my favorite of the things I posted... though if she has size five fingers I would try to get the diamond ring for the anniversary... it has a definite solid presence and is sure to please nearly any woman.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
You can also get an eternity band (or a 3/4 or whatever) for cheaper than those I posted--depending on the total ct. weight and size of the melee you could get one for closer to 1000 or even less.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there! There were quite a few people who bought from ebay and didn''t get what they paid for and had a hard time getting their money back. To me, it''s not worth the risk of a such a big purchase to do it over ebay.

However, $1500 will buy you something lovely for your wife!!! The suggestions above were fantastic, all things I thought were beautiful. It would help a bit if you could tell us a bit about your wife''s style. Does she like antique styles, classic, or modern? Also, do you know if she would like a neckace, a ring, etc? Does she like dainty things or bolder jewelry? I''ll try to dig up a few more options when I have a better idea of what she likes.

kyrie32

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your advice and your links to those gorgeous rings. Actually, I am the wife :) and I like what I''m seeing. I am looking for a ring, and since I''m small, a dainty and modern style would be nice, rather than bold or larger. I''m looking at three stone, and eternity bands. I loved the ones from Signed pieces. Question: Are the Raphael designs really better than their other Facet designs? Is it worth the price difference? Also, can someone tell me the difference between certified diamonds as opposed to non-certified? I saw that at the Kohl''s website. Forgive my ignorance, but that''s why I''m here. And I so appreciate all of your knowledge and opinions! Please keep them coming, my anniversary is June 27, so I''d better pick something quick! Can''t do it without all of you! :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the diamonds on the Facets/ signed pieces website are very well cut and are guaranteed to be of a certain color (H color lowest) and clarity (VS lowest). As for gems that are certified or not... well, with a certified stone you know what you are getting. But then if the uncertified stone if from a trusted source (like GOG) well, you can get a good deal (I would take any uncertified stone to an independant appraiser though, personally). You are talking about a completely different quality of diamonds when you are comparing Facets to Kohls. The kohls jewelery is mass produced and department stores like that (Macy''s, penny''s) usually use SI1 or SI2 or even I1 or I2 diamonds in their jewelery... ones with noticable black spots. That''s clarity I''m referring to. Facet''s doesn''t use anything below VS in Clarity, so you won''t see any black spots.

Generally, while the kohl''s jewelery may look promising from the photo''s... you will see a noticable difference between one of their pieces in real life and a peice from Facets.

I don''t know enough about Raffi v. Facets collection. There are many people on here who have bought from them and have been thrilled with thier pruchases though... so I suspect someone will be able to answer that question for you.

Good luck! (Had no idea we were talking to the wife!)
2.gif

This is from the facet''s site:

Quality:

Facets jewelry only uses diamonds that are E-F, F-G and G-H color and VVS-VS in clarity.
Facets only uses ideal and premium cut diamonds.
Facets only uses 950 platinum - the purest form of platinum used in jewelry - as well as 18K gold.

Precise Layouts:

We select each diamond by exact millimeter size. Since the majority of our eternity and wedding bands are machine-set, this is of the utmost importance.
We examine each diamond using a 10-power loupe and evaluate color, clarity and make based on GIA standards.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whether you get Raphael or not is a personal choice. I think SP will tell you that Raphael is nice when the diamonds are larger, but at the smaller sizes, it doesn''t matter (so go with the regular.)

Whether you go with certified or uncertified depends on several things. Mostly, you want to get what you''re paying for, so if you''re working with a reputable vendor, and you want an uncertified half carat stone, and you''re on a budget, then that''s a possible way to go.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to chime in and say the Signed Pieces rings
3.gif
will blow away anthing that Kohl''s has

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Just giving this thread a bump......I''m all for a well-deserved 25th anniversary sparkler!!!

DITTO on staying clear of Kohls and other dept. store types. Lots of great feedback about Signed Pieces here on PS!!!! There are some lovely dainty (though more antique and less modern looking) bands on http://www.faycullen.com/eternity.html and you can, of course, also check out PS vendors like Whiteflash, goodoldgold, jamesallen, et al.....but for an e-band I think Facets/Signed Pieces is a great way to go!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw this and thought of you because it''s somewhat modern and classic all at the same time. It''s out of your budget, but it might not be if they could make it for you with diamonds 1/2 way around instead of all the way around.

http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/c1010t3d.html

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the one kcourselle posted.....very pretty!!
3.jpg

Kind of reminded me of this one w/ baguettes (similar bar setting)
6567.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feel free to tell me I''m waaay off on some of these ideas, I''m just throwing things in for ideas.

kyrie32

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for taking the time to help me and provide these links for me to look at. You''ve all been so helpful! Now comes the tough part--which one to choose! I will let you know which one I''ve chosen (if I can make up my mind, that is!)
33.gif
Thanks again!

kyrie32

Rough_Rock
Please tell me what you all think of this one:

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2552

I know it isn''t an eternity band, but I am in love with it! Pricewise, doesn''t it seem like a great deal? I do like the "Raphael" pieces too, but this one seems like it would do nicely...your thoughts, please...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE that one! And do you know what? It is the same design as a Tiffany band! I tried on the Tiffany and it costs about twice as much, maybe more. So by all means, this would be an outstanding choice!

facetsTiffband (2).jpg

kyrie32

Rough_Rock
Or this one....okay, help! Which one do you think?

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2275

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my personal preference is for the Tiffany basket style setting. I''d almost have to see the Raphael in person to know if I''d like it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are both great! I think you''ll get a lot more bang for your buck by doing a 1/2 eternity than a full eternity. You can also resize it if you need to, and a full eternity you can''t resize. I think you will be really happy with the quality of signed pieces rings. Their diamonds are very nice and they take the time to make quality settings as well. Gee wiz...which one...gosh I don''t know, they are both great. I guess I like the first one just a little bit more, because it''s just so classy and would match with just about anything. But the second one is awesome too and a little twist on tradition. Let us know which one you decide and show some handpics!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first one better.

But as everyone on here knows by now-- I'm a bang for buck gal! The first one is such an elegant piece. I just think you get more bling for the money (more carats). Bigger diamonds are a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results