shape
carat
color
clarity

Need DiamCalc and GemAdviser Results

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Since I am unable to run the likes of the DiamCal or GemAdviser on my platform, I am posting in hopes that a friendly PSer can input the following and report the results:

1.04 Carat
6.54x6.47x3.94mm
Depth %: 60.6
Table %: 58.0
Crown %: 13.7
Crown Angle: 32.9
Pavilion %: 42.2
Pavillion Angle: 40.3
Culet: None
Girdle: Thin to sl. thick faceted
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
HCA: 1.5 angle ~ 1.7 percent

Although I previously started a thread to ask for feedback on this stone about a month back, I neglected to mention that I was unable to run this through the aforementioned programs. As such I really need and appreciate your help. Thanks!
5.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
can lappear a bit darker from a short distance

GemView_DC_2.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Why does the girdle come out as thick when it was reported thin-slightly thick (I think)???

Similar thing happened when someone tried to do my stone by numbers....but I KNOW girdle is not thick...

Also, when I tried to view mine, it said I had to download a new version....will it work with old files???? when did new version come out.....I notice a change - observing tje diamond tilted.....Is that the only change???

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I''m grateful for the screen-shot pics and the quick response! I don''t know if it makes much difference but the depth is 3.94, whereas the entry in the program was 3.93—would such a small difference account for being "slightly shallow"? or would it be that way even if it had been entered as a 3.94? Also, because I have a Mac and can''t install the programs, I''m not sure how the girdle would be input given that it spans from slightly thin to sighltly thick faceted. I noticed you put "thick". Does the program force you to chose one over the other (thin vs. medium vs. thick)? Last but not least, how should I interpret the red image on the left side? I know the dark areas have to do with light leakage. Which areas in the image are to be expected, as opposed to light leaking where it may not otherwise be anticipated in an Ideal-cut RB?

1.gif

GemView

Shiny_Rock
I''d love to download the file and install GemAdviser, but I don''t think they run on a Mac (OS 9/X)? Am I correct?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Maxine, Try to get GA from the source: http://gemology.ru/octonus/english/gemreader/index.htm

Re: thick girdle. Depends on the measurement errors and the way how girdle thickness was measured. DiamCalc suggested thick girdle when other parameters were entered and locked. GemView can ask about girdle thickness % for valley and bezel - see how all % add-up into total depth.

It shouldn't affect the light performance much though.

GemView, the program is only for PC/Windows XP. All red correspond to "no leakage".

GemView

Shiny_Rock
What about the pink areas. Any significance to those?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It would be a great stone for a pari of earrings or a pendant GemView - it will look a bit dark if you examine it from close up though.

DiamCalc is using the dat you gave and building a model. That model is having trouble achieving the stated weight and angles etc - so it is a case of GI-GO. We know to question the data in these cases because Diamcalc is very precise.

Also at those diemensions and that weight - data which is likely to be very accurate - we know the stone must have a fairly thick girdle.

So if it is for a ring, pass.
For a pendant it would be stunning, but you pay for 4% of unneeded weight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results