shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Convertible Carseat Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
DD is 8 months old and already 19lbs!! Her infant carseat is only safe up to 22lbs so she''ll end up needing another before she''s a year old and since she has to stay rearfacing we''re looking at convertible carseats. Any suggestions? I''m okay with spending a little more to get the safer seat.

This is the only recent pic that shows off her chub. I love each and every roll on this girl.
emteeth.gif

chubbawubba.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is so cute. Her hair is SO long! I am guessing Tessa is 18 lbs (at 8 months) so don't worry. She is perfect. We have Britax Roundabouts. Haven't used it yet but it has gotten VERY good reviews.

ETA: BRU just sent out coupons $20 off a car seat. Hopefully you get that mailer.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Tacori! I will be on the lookout for the latest BRU mailer. I was just talking to my cousin and she said that Britax are the best, but didn't have a suggestion on which of the many models to choose. Can I ask why you went with the Roundabout over the others?

btw, Sabrina started out with a full head of hair. My doc delivered her hair a good 10min before the rest of her. LoL

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I chose the roundabouts b/c it is the smallest. We probably will need to fly with it so I wanted something on the lighter side. I read a review that said it was best for short moms (to see over) and I am only 5''1". I didn''t see the need for some of the other models as she is petite for her age.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I hear a lot of good things about Britax in general. The Roundabout and Marathon are most commonly recommended on various forums. The Marathon go up to 65lbs, and Roundabout to 40lbs. We got the Britax Boulevard, but obviously I am still pregnant and haven't use the carseat yet.

Your DD is adorable. Mixed babies are so pretty.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I got the Britax Marathon for my DD (she''s now 5) and it''s been great. I do have a big car, though. It takes up a lot of room. I know Britax is safe and all that jazz, but, cummon girls, let''s think about what''s truly important. Britax has the CUTEST seat covers!!! Mine is called Foofy. It''s denim down the middle and a pink floral print on the sides with a RUFFLE! Oh how I love this carseat! Can we all say obnoxious! After two boys I do not care! It was one of the only pink ones I could find in ''03. They''ve come a long way with baby stuff in 5 years.

As a side note, I think there are height restrictions for infant seats as well. Not just age/weight. I *thought* it was 27" according to the NHTSA.

BTW, your little one is as cute as can be! I love the ponytails! And the cheeks!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
miranda, where do you buy the covers?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It just came with the carseat. I got it from http://www.elitecarseats.com/ 4+ years ago. Here''s a link explaining the colors/patterns http://www.babycatalog.com/britax_fabrics.html

The newer patterns are cute, but, they just don''t have the HUGE ruffle. When I saw the ruffle it was all over. And I knew she would be our last so I didn''t hesitate to buy something crazy girly.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Britax Roundabout as well. I have been using it since Miller was 4 or 5 months old, and we love it. I figure we will move to a booster when he hits 40 lbs.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the help everyone. We''ve narrowed it down to the Marathon or Boulevard. I like that the Roundabout is compact but with it only going up to 40lbs and DD growing so fast, we''d probably be spending another $300 on a booster before she turned 2! We''re going to BRU as soon as we have a coupon and the patterns will definitely play a big role in our final decision.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I checked out the weight charts, and your little one is only 75 percentile for weight. Also, weight gain tapers off in the second and subsequent years. The charts show she will be 33 lbs by age 3, assuming she stays at the same percentile. My little man is between the 75th and 90th percentile for weight, and he is 31 lbs at age 2. The point is that I doubt your litte girl will exceed 40 lbs until she is about 3 1/2, not before she is 2. I just don''t want you to have this factor alone rule out the Roundabout.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, LC. I will definitely give the Roundabout and Diplomat a look-see when we go shopping tomorrow.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent. Just didn''t want you to rule it out. I really like it, and it is a bit smaller, which is a plus in some vehicles.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 11:36:45 AM
Author: VegasAngel
Most children outgrow harnessed car seats by height long before they outgrow by weight. Are you a member on Babycenter? This info from the car safety tip board on BBC is very helpful http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=bcus9421&tid=2214
Thanks for the link! Too many people think appropriate car seat fit is based soley on weight and age. Height is a very if not the most important factor. Not only in outgrowing a carseat, but, growing into one as well.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/4/2008 12:12:39 PM
Author: Miranda

Date: 7/3/2008 11:36:45 AM
Author: VegasAngel
Most children outgrow harnessed car seats by height long before they outgrow by weight. Are you a member on Babycenter? This info from the car safety tip board on BBC is very helpful http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=bcus9421&tid=2214
Thanks for the link! Too many people think appropriate car seat fit is based soley on weight and age. Height is a very if not the most important factor. Not only in outgrowing a carseat, but, growing into one as well.
No problem! I really like that thread & the techs that post there are so helpful.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, thank you for the link. I hadn''t realized there was so much more to consider. Now I''m glad they didn''t have all the models in stock; gives me more time to do my research.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
My son is 2.5 years old and weighs 40 pounds. I really wanted to buy a Britax but I was sure that he would outgrow it too fast. We went with the Sunshine Kids Radian 80
http://sunshinekidsbaby.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZM11187

I can''t say enough about it and it is rated to 80 pounds with the five point harness. Most others become a booster after 40 pounds and loose the five-point harness. Plus it folds flat for travel. I love it. It is one of the highest rated car seats around.

here is another product I use with the car seat when I travel. It is amazing and attaches right to the back of the car seat!

www.elitecarseats.com/Gogo-Kidz-Universal-Travelmate.pro?gclid=CNPjgMDkypQCFSgtagodXn0wkQ

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
We have 2 Britax Decathlon in the Tribecca print... and my boys LOVE THEM... they are like... the coziest seats, and get the best safety ratings!

tribeccadecathlon2008.JPG

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For our daughter who will be turning 2 and is soon outgrowing her first car seat, we are getting the Cosco Summit booster seat. She is 34 inches and not sure exactly but getting towards 30 pounds. There were some other booster seats I liked, but there requirements were for higher weight (40 pounds) and or age 3 and up and I can''t wait that long! I also liked a number of other convertible car seats (that fit her age, height and weight requirements) such as Britax but had a higher price tag.

This is a car seat recommended for 29-52 inches, 30 + pounds.

I haven''t received it yet, so I can''t give any more details.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Try Britax brand! That is what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results