shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Boot Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Hello All!!

I am really in need of a pair of tall boots that I can wear over my jeans, but I have a big challenge. My calves measure 15.5 inches in circumference and I have narrow ankles. I would like to find a cute pair of boots I can wear over jeans, which can also stand up to a Chicago weather. Right now I have an older & short pair of Ugg Brooks, which I love becuase they keep my feet warm and dry (they are leather). I have totally fallen in love with a pair of Ugg Liberty''s (linky), but they only come in 15 inch circumference so I cannot get those. I was able to find an alternative with the Ugg Waverly (linky). These are shorter than the Liberty''s at 9 inches, however, I am thinking I could avoid the whole calf issue with these, as they would sit about 2-3 inches below my calf. Given that they are shorter, would wearing them over jeans look odd?

Other suggestions would be appreciated too!!

Thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh -- I am totally loving those! No, I don''t think wearing them outside your jeans would look odd at all. As a matter of fact I think the effect might also make your legs look longer since there would be more jeans showing above them.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Ugh -- Illinois winter weather! That''s why you need Uggs!

I like ''em. They''ll look fine with jeans, and keep you toasty too.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Wearing boots over the top of jeans is the norm whether their tall or midsize boots. I think it''ll look good.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omieluv, J.Crew has extended calf boots--check out their sale section on their website.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Omieluv, sorry I didn''t see this earlier! I have the Ugg Liberty boots in size 8.5, and they fit my 15.5 inch calves with leggings on, to boot (heh). They were really tight when I got them from Zappos, and when I tried them on I could only zip them to an inch from the top. I left them on for a half hour while I watched tv, and after the leather warmed up and stretched I was able to zip them the entire way. I wore them around the apartment for the rest of the night, and since then I''ve been able to wear them over cotton leggings with no trouble. I''d say to go ahead and give them a shot based on my excellent experience with them because leather always stretches. I''d also say that the boot circumference may increase along with the shoe size, so you may end up with a different measurement depending on the size boot you order. I hope this helps!

Now I''m all excited to wear them tomorrow. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results