shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED ADVICE....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rudy

Rough_Rock
I have been doing a lot of research...I recently was looking to buy a diamond and found out through another forum that is was too deep..My b/f quickly got his deposit back and this is the new one we are looking at. Can someone help me....Here is what the GIA report says and they are asking $5000-is that a fair price????????

GIA Report
Round Brilliant
6.47-6.50 x 3.87 mm
Weight: 1.00 ct
Depth: 59.7%
Table: 57%
Girdle: STK, F
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity: SI 1
Color: H
Flourescence: None

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
I''m not an expert but the table looks a little large ...

Why not check-out www.goodoldgold.com or www.whiteflash.com - which are among the most reputable on-line vendors on this forum?

Both websites provide photos, idealscope images and scanned copies of GIA and other certs for your information, and both vendors are extremely helpful to new customers.

Good luck!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rudy welcome
35.gif
Really more information is needed to assess cut quality. You need the crown and pavillion angles to determine optical performance, these two are crucial. Does the vendor have a Sarin report available or Brilliancescope? This would help greatly, or you could get an Idealscope which will help you to tell how well the diamond is cut, look for it at the top of the page. It is hard to say whether the price is fair, I assume you have seen the diamond? If it is eyeclean and you love it then that is worth a lot, but try and get more information, it will pay in the long run. There are a lot of diamonds out there so don''t rush it. Also check out the online vendors, there will be a ton of useful info here and on the vendor websites to help you make an informed choice.

rudy

Rough_Rock
THanks guys, I went back I looked at the diamond again...I love it... My b/f is putting a down payment on it....Still wondering if $5000 is a good price???
35.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Rudy,

If you look at the top of this page, in red, you will see "Pricescope your diamond", you can select your shape, carat wt, colour and clarity. You did not specify if it is a Hearts and Arrows diamond. Using the information you gave us, there are 8 pages of H SI1 diamonds listed from $2760 to $4743. You are slightly over the highest number, but it seems you are buying from a jewellery store and they tend to have higher prices than online. If you can get the crown and pavillion angles then you will have more information to tell how the diamond will perform.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Rudy........It''s possible you could get another stone from one of the fine vendors on this site, with different (not necessarily better) characteristics for a little bit less money. And while one member said the table seemed a bit large, there are many who like a larger table as long as the stone is well cut. For example, the stone I just had set in a ring, which is 1.12 carats has an even larger table than the stone you are purchasing, but it is a brilliant diamond.

Since you''ve had the opportunity to see the stone and it is beautiful to you, and you''re (hopefully) buying from a jeweler you trust, who has a good return/trade-up policy, I hope you enjoy the stone''s brilliance for many years to come.

Best wishes...........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results