shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice on Diamond!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

a69nova

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I have been looking and trying to educate myself about the diamond industry for a few months now. I have narrowed down the specs for the diamond I would like to buy. A jeweler known to a few friends of mine has a very nice G SI1 1.22 carat round diamond at his store. The diamond has a GIA cert, but I need some other feedback regarding its proportions. Its measurements are 6.83x6.88x4.29, G SI1 round, Table % 56, Depth 62.6, no fluor, no culet, medium to N/A girdle, Polish very good, symmetry very good. The inclusion is right on the outside, which is great. I think the diamond is great, but I want to know what everybody thinks of it, especially the depth. I''m going to try and see if he can get a Sarin report. Based on all the charts that I have found on the net, and plugging in the numbers I feel it is a good purchase for $6700. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx Mike

a69nova

Rough_Rock
Can anyone help me out here?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far the specs sound ok but need the sarin to say for sure.
A little on the deep side but ok.
A pricescope search will tell if the price is ok.
Im confused by one thing "medium to N/A girdle" makes no sence.
Make sure the inclusion doesnt break the surface of the diamond.

a69nova

Rough_Rock
First, thank you for replying back to my post. It has been such a nerve racking ordeal with trying to find the best diamond for the money. I guess 62.6 is really not that bad after all? The girdle reads from the Gia report as, medium to non applicable facet. When I look at the girdle under a loupe it looks very thin, kinda like its not there, I like the look personally, no frost.
Going to look at it tomorrow during the daytime!

thanx Mike

a69nova

Rough_Rock
bump

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results