shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on diamond please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AuburnGirl24

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone! I am brand new to this board, although I have been on this site many times before. I need some help with this diamond info. I am 22 years old, and brand new to this. My boyfriend and I are still in Grad School, so we can''t afford much...but can y''all please tell me if this is a good diamond for the price? I found it on bluenile.com. I am a little worried about the symmetry, depth and table. From what I have been reading up on recently, this may not be to good.

Carat weight: 0.56
Cut: Ideal
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 62.3%
Table %: 54%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.26x5.31x3.29 mm
Price: $1,621.00

Thanks you so much,
Isabelle

forne

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 117.13%; HEIGHT: 86px">Date: 2/13/2006 9:06:49 AM
Author:AuburnGirl24
Hey everyone! I am brand new to this board, although I have been on this site many times before. I need some help with this diamond info. I am 22 years old, and brand new to this. My boyfriend and I are still in Grad School, so we can''t afford much...but can y''all please tell me if this is a good diamond for the price?

Hello!!
35.gif
I am a little new too, but I thought I''d get you a quick response to get the ball rolling. Those numbers look pretty good for the price, but it is hard to tell from the numbers alone whether it will be a "good" diamond without an idealscope or the like. Have you tried your search on the pricescope link above? What kind of diamond is this? princess? round? Look forward to helping to make you feel as welcome as possible here. Good luck with your diamond hunt!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isabelle and Forne welcome
35.gif
The thing is that really more info is needed to determine cut quality, the crown and pavillion angles are needed for this and I don't think BN provides them or any other info to help with this. Is the diamond GIA certed? Looking at the measurements the diamond is a little deep and may look a little smaller for it's weight. Also a medium girdle could be improved on, best to aim for slightly thin to thick if possible.Also in this size you could easily drop the clarity and still have a very clean diamond to an SI1 S12 if eyeclean. Also you could drop the colour to a G or H and it would still look very white.

Take your time looking and I am sure we can post some examples for you so you have some to choose from to fit your budget. This might be a nice looking diamond but you want to explore all your options before pulling the trigger, lots of diamonds which would fit the bill out there.

For example http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1958331.htm# this could be a winner and within budget too just so you can see what else is out there.

AuburnGirl24

Rough_Rock
Thanks for both of your replies! I think I just need to do a lot more research. Lorelei, thanks for the advice on the girdle, that really helps. I have been researching diamonds for a few months now, and so I am starting to get it. Thanks agian!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results