shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice on Cushion Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Could anyone give me any insite into cushion cuts? What is your opinion on the brillance and sparkle of the cut?

Shape:
Cushion
Carat:
Color:
J
Clarity:
VS1
Depth:
Table:
Girdle:
TN-VTK
Polish:
Very Good
Symmetry:
Good
Culet:
None
Fluorescence:
Faint
Measurements:
6.90-6.12X3.99
Length/Width:

??????????????
34.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
it''s basically impossible to know what a cushion will look like just from the numbers. there are no standards for cushions, and they have many different facet patterns. cushions (like most fanc cuts) really should be seen before you can make a decison on them.. good luck!

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure to be honest. I am looking at a cushion myself and am wondering the same thing.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With phots and some test of light return at hand there's something to talk about...

those specs from the cert barely give an idea of shape, size for weight and finish (facet pattern, polish, symmetry, girdle and potential crown height.). Those are fine for this stone, but do not say how it looks in person.
7.gif

The one question mark is the "very thinck" girdle. I would not call that very desirable since it eats up material and makes stones look small - even more so than a couple of extra percentage points of depth would do. Since girdle thickness goes all the way from "thin" to "very thick" it is hard to say how much of a problem that is. Just one thing to look out for.

All in all, I don't thing your question "what is your opinion about the brilliance of this piece" can be answered with what info there is at hand. It's up to the seller to provide the rest
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results