shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on buying Crinoline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
To be easy, I should probably buy from Alfred Angelo for $57, but to be cheap, I can buy on Ebay for a lot less. However, I am confused on which type of crinoline I should buy. My dress is A-Line. Alfred Angelo SA said that the crinoline I would need will be an A-Line with medium pouf. I found one on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/A-LINE-SEMI-FULL-BRIDAL-PETTICOAT-CRINOLINE-SKIRT-SLIP_W0QQitemZ390105282830QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad416390e

Please ladies, I need advice whether I should just go for it throught Ebay or play it safe by getting it from Alfred Angelo.

Thanks!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Here is my dress. Sorry I''m not in it yet. Still need crinoline.

joelly.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
To me, that crinoline looks more like it would fit a ball gown than your A-line. If it were me, I''d pay the money to get the sure thing from Alfred Angelo. But maybe the ladies here will have more suggestions.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you''re looking for a crinoline that looks more like this:
Crinoline

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to ditto housecat - that is about what I had for a modified a-line dress. Also, the pic there made me laugh out loud! How frieghtening!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
that picture on housecat''s suggestion has to be a man. that is PRICELESS.

make sure your dress is long enough for the crinoline. i''d go with something on e-bay, but first just try on something at the store to see exactly what kind you want. it definitely will change the shape of the dress- and i had an A-line dress that i wanted to be bigger than life, so adding a full-crinoline made it perfect. but it does take the length up quite a bit depending on the fullness.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2009 11:39:05 AM
Author: Morgie44
I just wanted to ditto housecat - that is about what I had for a modified a-line dress. Also, the pic there made me laugh out loud! How frieghtening!
Ha! I was so busy looking for the proper crinoline that I didn''t even realize how funny the photo was!
9.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't want to chance it I would pay more to buy it from the vender.

eta: plus if the ebay one doesn't work you'll end up spending more to replace it than if you just bought it from the vender to start with

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it. After reading all of your posts, I think I''ll follow the suggestions to buy it from the store. Thanks again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results