shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on a stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teri h

Rough_Rock
Hi everbody, I''m new to posting on this board, came across this board around December and really enjoy checking in everyday seeing all the beautiful jewelry. My question is I purchased a GIA 1.65 round stone, measurements are 7.58-7.65 x 4.71 mm, depth: 61.9%
Table: 55% Girdle: thin to slightly thick, fauceted polish and symmetry good. Would like opinions on this stone, it is EGL 1.74 round, 7.74 - 7.67 x 4.78 mm, depth: 62.1%, table: 56%, girdle: thin to medium faceted. polish and symmetry good. I have 90 days to upgrade my stone (full value) after that they will only give me 80% of what I paid for my stone. My 90 days is up on May 4. Thank you

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s allot going on there... It would make sense to compare the grades and cut of the two stones since the grading labs are different. For this, an appraise could help.

How about cut ? The numbers there sound encouraging, but important details (proportions) are left out.

From what you say, the seller did not provide cut grading details. You could compare the diamonds in person, but it would be harder to tell if both leave room for improvement.

Is the EGL cert from the EGL-US branch or another ? It should have a bit more cut info on (crown and pavilion depth, girdle thickness) - what are those ?

Are the two stones of the same grades ?

Are you going to see the two stones side-by-side or just send on out and take the other in ?

Any chance to enlist an appraiser to evaluate these two ?

So many questions...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results