shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on 4 diamonds

addidious2

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone.

Its my first time shopping for diamonds and I've narrowed my search to 4 diamonds from 2 vendors and would like to seek some advice on the 4 diamonds based on the provided images.

Couple of questions which I would like to understand:
1. How does one determine the "better" diamond between
a. diamond 1 and diamond 2, and
b. diamond 3 and diamond 4.
2. Given that both vendors provided different sets of diamond images, how can one do a fair comparison between the four diamonds?
3. How important of a factor should the "look like size" of these diamonds provided by HCA tool be?
4. "Best" diamond amongst the four and why?

Thanks in advance!

Diamond ImageASET Ideal ScopeH&A
Diamond 1 Picture1.jpg Picture2.jpg Picture3.jpg Picture4.jpg
Diamond 2 Picture5.jpg Picture6.jpg Picture7.jpg Picture8.jpg

Attachments

• Picture15.jpg
    Picture15.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Picture14.jpg
    Picture14.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Picture13.jpg
    Picture13.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture12.jpg
    Picture12.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture11.jpg
    Picture11.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture10.jpg
    Picture10.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture9.jpg
    Picture9.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4

addidious2

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone.

Its my first time shopping for diamonds and I've narrowed my search to 4 diamonds from 2 vendors and would like to seek some advice on the 4 diamonds based on the provided images.

Couple of questions which I would like to understand:
1. How does one determine the "better" diamond between
a. diamond 1 and diamond 2, and
b. diamond 3 and diamond 4.
2. Given that both vendors provided different sets of diamond images, how can one do a fair comparison between the four diamonds?
3. How important of a factor should the "look like size" of these diamonds provided by HCA tool be?
4. "Best" diamond amongst the four and why?

Thanks in advance!

Diamond ImageASETIdeal ScopeH&A
Diamond 1 Picture1.jpg Picture2.jpg Picture3.jpg Picture4.jpg
Diamond 2 Picture5.jpg Picture6.jpg Picture7.jpg Picture8.jpg
I've uploaded the other two diamonds:
Diamond ImageASETIdeal ScopeH&A
Diamond 3 Picture9.jpg Picture10.jpg Picture11.jpg Picture12.jpg
Diamond 4 Picture13.jpg Picture14.jpg Picture15.jpg Picture16.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - there really is no "better" here; they're all super ideals.

But - the hearts image isn't as "tight" on image 12 as it is in image 16.

Toss up on the first 2. Pick one that has the specs and price you are attracted to. Or biggest spread. Or throw a dart. Really you can't go wrong!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to nit pick super ideals. Choose the size, color, clarity and price that best suits you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, addidious2!
Kudos for doing your homework and making such a wonderful comparison.
I agree whole-heartedly with ecf8503 and MissGotRocks...all four have fantastic optics. Anything that could be said as differentiations would be minor nitpicking, since all four will have superior light return and performance.
Which one has captured your eyes and heart the most?

addidious2

Rough_Rock
Wow - there really is no "better" here; they're all super ideals.

But - the hearts image isn't as "tight" on image 12 as it is in image 16.

Toss up on the first 2. Pick one that has the specs and price you are attracted to. Or biggest spread. Or throw a dart. Really you can't go wrong!

What do you mean by "tight" with respect to picture 12 and 16? Also, do you happen to know what purple and yellow tint in picture 12 represent?

addidious2

Rough_Rock
Hard to nit pick super ideals. Choose the size, color, clarity and price that best suits you!

In actual fact, the first 3 diamonds have very similar 4Cs:
Carat : 0.73-0.75
Color : E/D
Clarity : VS1-VVS2
Cut : Super Ideal
Price range : ~5-6k usd

Considering that the range between the best and the worse of the 3 diamonds are ~1k usd or ~15% of total cost. I would say price will not be the most important factor here.

I think part of reason for this post would be find out and understand how much "premium" can each diamond command and if it is worth paying the "premium" of 1k usd.

Or if the general consensus is that its just nitpicking at this point, am I right to say I should just take the cheapest diamond at 5k?

addidious2

Rough_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, addidious2!
Kudos for doing your homework and making such a wonderful comparison.
I agree whole-heartedly with ecf8503 and MissGotRocks...all four have fantastic optics. Anything that could be said as differentiations would be minor nitpicking, since all four will have superior light return and performance.
Which one has captured your eyes and heart the most?

I have physically seen diamonds 1 and 2 and I think they are almost indistinguishable. I would like to compare diamonds 1 and 2 with 3 and 4 to see if it is worth making a purchase without seeing the diamonds.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In actual fact, the first 3 diamonds have very similar 4Cs:
Carat : 0.73-0.75
Color : E/D
Clarity : VS1-VVS2
Cut : Super Ideal
Price range : ~5-6k usd

Considering that the range between the best and the worse of the 3 diamonds are ~1k usd or ~15% of total cost. I would say price will not be the most important factor here.

I think part of reason for this post would be find out and understand how much "premium" can each diamond command and if it is worth paying the "premium" of 1k usd.

Or if the general consensus is that its just nitpicking at this point, am I right to say I should just take the cheapest diamond at 5k?

Super ideals are cut for superior light performance not weight. Therefore, much more diamond material is lost in cutting and that is where the price premium comes in for super ideals. Then they are priced by size, color and clarity. You have not posted any of that information on the diamonds you are considering. Some might be more inclined to go with better color and others might choose better clarity. What really matters is what you think - have you watched the videos of each diamond? Does one speak to you more than the other? You can also contact Whiteflash and ask them to photograph them in a diamond line up and ask whatever questions you might have about each diamond. They are a wonderful, consumer friendly company that would be happy to speak with you! in the end, you will end up with a beautiful diamond!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have physically seen diamonds 1 and 2 and I think they are almost indistinguishable. I would like to compare diamonds 1 and 2 with 3 and 4 to see if it is worth making a purchase without seeing the diamonds.

Ask for a photo lineup of all four together - they will be happy to oblige you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since these are all super ideals, colorless, and extremely clean, I would pick the cheapest one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results