shape
carat
color
clarity

need advice...about gift before i propose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Millertime

Rough_Rock
I have most of my proposal all planned. However, I need some help on part of it. We have been together for about 2 years. From day one i knew she was the one. Ever since we started dating i have secretly written down every special thing that we have done...our first movie, trips, hotels we''ve stayed at, restaurants we''ve eaten in. A bunch of little things that were special to us. Also i have written down a bunch of things that i love about her. So i divided it up into those two groups, why i love her, and stuff we have done together.

I was going to write them all down in a nice blank journal. Seperated by chapters 1 & 2. It needs to be thick because i want to write only one thing per page. All the thick journals look like Bibles though, or old books. I want something more colorful and cute for her.

So i found one, but its not big enough to fit everything. So i found another cute one pretty much the same size. Do you think its ok if i write the part of what we have done together in one of them, and then give her a second journal with the why i love her?

Anyways, do you think that its cheesy or overwhelming to give her two journals? Ontop of that i was thinking i could give her a third journal that was blank, to represent our future, and we could fill that one together as we start our lives together. 3 journals would make a nice set to keep together.

What should i do? Find one big journal, give her 2 journals, or give her 3 journals?

Hahaha, sorry if this is confusing, i just want it to be perfect!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i was thinking only one large journal- if you can find one. have you checked with barnes and noble?? also, check
www.katespaperie.com

there''s got to be one somewhere!!! what size in particluar would you need?
good luck!!! and congrats!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i was thinking only one large journal- if you can find one. have you checked with barnes and noble?? also, check
www.katespaperie.com

there''s got to be one somewhere!!! what size in particluar would you need?
good luck!!! and congrats!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oops! i don''t know why that went through twice...

boston33

Rough_Rock
i like the two journal or even 3 journal idea. One big one might be too big and things could get lost. 2 or 3 will be a nice set.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
maybe- but i wouldn''t want to keep track of three...

boston33

Rough_Rock
true, but i would lose one before i lost 3. With 3 i could get some bookends and keep them as a set on a book shelf or on my desk. With one, it would have to lie somewhere, or be mixed in with other books. Just my opinion.

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
i like the three book idea. You look at history and the number 3 is everywhere. In relationships it is common to represent the past, present, and future.

My girlfriend gave me a book a year or so ago that we right our dreams down in it. Not what we dream at night, but things we want to accomplish in life, as an individual and as a couple. They range from small things, like "kiss on New Year''s" to big things like build our own house.

So i love your idea.

you thinking of leather bound? that would liik nice on the shelf with bookends. if they are too "cute" they may not look great. but will definately mean a whole lot to the two of you forever, and be a great story peace.. if you have extra pages or want to expand it even more, you could get a matching one and have it as your guestbook at your wedding.

Just an idea.

m

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Mj- i like the idea of the guest book as one of the three much more than an empty journal... but i know it''s all a personal thing.
i agree- leather all the way. and honestly, i don''t think i''d want anything bright. i''d want brown or black for the long haul...it would always match my decor.

also- check out:

www.exposuresonline.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results