shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a small gift for my girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LookingforDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Let me start off to say i want just a small set of diamond hoop earrings for my girlfriend for Christmas. Nothing special something in the $100-$200 range. She doesn''t like yellow gold, so i need something in sterling silver or 14k white gold. I don''t know if any of you have a JC Penny but i got a flyer for them that has a set of diamond/sterling silver hoop earring (1 CT.T.W) for $99. They dont give any info on the cut or color or any kind of that info but i am thinking it must be horrible like in the yellow tint range and stuff like that to be that cheap and weight 1 carat. If those aren''t any good i was going to buy these off of the net..... http://cgi.ebay.com/18K-White-Gold-0-33ct-Real-Diamond-Huggy-Hoop-Earring_W0QQitemZ5055525941QQcategoryZ86062QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem . Can anyone help me out on the JC Penny diamonds and if they are any good. Thanks in advance

Jim

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome
35.gif
The Ebay earrings if I am looking at the right ones, the .33 Huggie Hoops look as if they could be a bargain, VS1 clarity, I - J colour and Ideal cut to boot may be a great find! The Penneys ones - a carat TW for $99 I don't know if I would get those in preference, being very small diamonds they probably wouldn't look yellow in a lower colour, but they are probably a very low clarity and cut for that money, better to have smaller and better cut diamonds than larger in this instance. If it was me my decision would be easy
3.gif
for that money.

LookingforDiamonds

Rough_Rock
So you would go with the E-bay earrings ? Thanks for the reply

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Hard to pick.

I have never seen what JC Penney might have to offer, but at least you could go and look. The ebay ones look nice in the picture...but are they as nice in real life? Who knows.

I like your idea - I realy like my diamond hoops, they were pretty cheap and I have no idea what carat they might be. But they are just little dots (probably 0.000000001 carat)!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for the Ebay ones without seeing the Penney''s earrings. You know you are getting by all accounts a good cut clarity and colour with those even though the diamonds are smaller, the Penney''s ones we don''t know anything about the quality of the diamonds and I know some chains can use a low colour , cut and clarity, the Ebays look like a bargain to me. Find out more about the Penneys ones if you can, but I would still choose the Ebay ones, bigger or more diamonds doesn''t necessarily mean better and these ones might be lovely! Plus they have a good return period too?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results