shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a little enabling maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would do you think? I already have some lighter/pastel stones and spinels, and the darker color kind of peaks my interest...but I don''t know how much the inclusion or grey would bug me..hmm.

mtgBSpinel.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about it. I know the inclusion would bug me, and I am not a fan of gray in stones. But that is just my opinion. Sorry, not much on an enabler :(

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the inclusion looks like it could bug, did the vendor say it was slightly included? but it kinda lacks a bit of oomph in the color. sorry
7.gif
maybe you can find another one?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah, I appreciate the honesty guys! Thanks. I'm on the fence, hence the "maybe" part.

And yes, it was listed as SI clarity,.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm, no. I don''t like it. If it looks that meh in a stock photo, I don''t think I''d be impressed IRL.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I remember correctly, most of your stones are warm in tone? This one is very "cold" looking. Is that something you think would suit you?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 6:13:30 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
If I remember correctly, most of your stones are warm in tone? This one is very ''cold'' looking. Is that something you think would suit you?

I don''t know really. I have a sapphire ring that''s cool in tone and I love it, so I could go either way.

I dunno what it is about this stone that catches my eye, but it brings to mind something shadowy and mystical. Hehe...maybe I''ve been around too many Harry Potter people,...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t help enabling you here at all.
14.gif

Some people like blue/grey spinels, but I''m not a fan of them. To each his own, but if you really want one, they''re all over ebay for super cheap prices.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well I for one love the color! Gray is no problem at all for me. But I think the inclusions would bother me. Hard to say without seeing it in real life.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
No enabling from me either. I''m not feeling the color... or the inclusion!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None from me either. its kind of "meh".

-A

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spinel is available without visible inclusions. So that always stops me from buying stones with visible inclusions. I''d pass on it.

HTH

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Another no (sorry
9.gif
); the inclusion would surely bug me (assuming it's as noticable IRL) and about the color...I'd prefer any london blue topaz over this. If you want mystery get yourself a nice moonstone
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to completely kick the poor spinel when it's down. But the culet looks COMPLETELY off side to me, and the whole pear looks a little au natural... crooked. Some extinction. Which in and of itself wouldn't disquality a stone for me if I loved the color, but you seem on the fence about the color then there is the inclusion. Honestly, it's kinda like well... the underdog stone. If it were inexpensive I'd just take pity on it and give it a home, just cause it's got so much personality. And the color doesn't bother me, I don't mind steel blue and even like it sometimes. But... you have a nice amount of colored stone jewelry as it is... would you set it, and if you did would you wear it?

I don't know. I'm kinda fond of it. Reminds me of Lopsie Fugs. But, GENUINELY more attractive (which admittedly wouldn't have been hard).

ETA: $84 is too much for me. Under $35 for me.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am never EVER going to not enable a blue spinel (unless it's super dark). I would do it. What's the price?

And I think the culet looks off center because the stone isn't facing straight at the camera--just a little bit of a tilt...

ETA: Uh yeah, for $84 I'd totally go for it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It appears blue gray but at least it isn’t overly dark like many blue spinels. The inclusions will be fairly obvious under natural lighting and will not be completely covered by the prongs of a setting.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
The color is pretty, but I know the inclusion would drive me mad. Any stones of comparable color that you''re looking at?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$84 is too much for that stone. If it were precision cut, I could see the hike in price, but it isn''t. It''s not even clean.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not going to get it.
I got a 2nd photo of it and it looked worse than the first :/

And I really wouldn''t have a setting plan for it, so it''s a pass.
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results