shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a jewelry appraiser in Boston is this guy OK?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BostonDan

Rough_Rock
I have been given the name of two appraisers in Boston, one with lots of references here Marty Haske, but I can get a return phone call. The other is Jeff Averbrook with Metro Jewelry Appraisers. He was recommend by the USACertedDiamonds who I used to find the diamond and also is listed here on Pricescope. My concern is that he doesnt use the lab equipment, he is more old school and has been in the business for 25 years. Also I haven''t seen any feedback here. He is Graduate Gemologist (G.I.A.) Member- N.A.J.A. Do you think this good to go with?

Thanks for the help I desparately need to get this done ASAP so I can stick to my proposal gameplan next week.

JC

Shiny_Rock
I've spoken to Marty Haske before and he's a very well educated man. So I would highly recommend Marty. It's too bad that no one has returned your phone call. Maybe Marty is on vacation. You never know. Good luck....

wavey.gif

BostonDan

Rough_Rock
Thanks Joshua, I got in contact with him, feel safer with someone recommended.

Thanks,
Dan

sfanta123155

Rough_Rock
Hi. I too have used Marty and he is great. I highly recommend him. You can do a search on him in PS and you will find nothing but good things about him. You can feel safe with him doing your appraisal. He is VERY strict and conservative on appraisals.

BostonDan

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I did look at the referrences and they were all great. I changed my appointment and am now going to Marty.

Thanks,

Dan

BostonDan

Rough_Rock
Just to set the record straight, I had no problems with Metro Jewelry. Jeff Averbrook was very helpful and knowledgeable on diamonds. He's been in the business for a long time.

ademello

Rough_Rock
Both Jeffrey Averbrook and Marty Haske are more than capable to appraise your diamond. Whatever testing procedures, tests and equipment they feel they want to use will all be OK. I''ve worked with Jeff Averbrook and Know Marty''s ethics as well as his abilities. Dont Worry.
PS Good Luck getting anyone on the phone at this time of year. I would offer to help you but I''m in New York and New Jersey for most of next week.

Art DeMello GG (GIA) Greater New England
Certified Appraiser A.DeMello Gemological Lab

ademello

Rough_Rock
When Choosing a Gemologist and Appraiser choose experience over The Newest Model Sarin Machine .Many of us will use Master comparison stones for color even though we have a colorimeter that can do it Automatically. In Many Cases I can Use a 10X Loup with the right angle of dark or light field illumination and see something a Binocular Microscope didn''t show me. I know many of my collegues have also pinpointed small filled fractures and graining better with a good loup than a scope. Trust The Gemologist using the equipment more so than than the equipment available.

Art DeMello GG (GIA) --- A. DeMello Gemological Laboratory ---- Boston, MA.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Art! You changed your lab name. Great! I like it much better. A classy name like DeMello should bring in business by the droves.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Art:

Did you realize this thread is old? The original poster was very misinformed about my procedures and equipment and did in fact issue a statement later setting the record straight. He later apologized to me.

The great thing about our little group of Boston appraisers is that we each have our niches and specialties.
We co-exist nicely and I talk to Marty about every couple of weeks because he's such an interesting guy.

Welcome to pricescope.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results