shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a cheap halo ring mounting for 6.5mm round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I need a halo ring mounting for 6.5mm RB 1ct diamond. It''s not the greatest diamond, so I don''t want to put loads of money into a high end setting for it. But I don''t want a mounting that''s total $199 junk, either.

So, I posted this here. I''m looking at LOGR, and some of those other eBay sellers, like Klass (the elite jeweler), with similar lines. Who do you folks think is worth buying from, and who should I definitely avoid? I''ve searched for a couple of their names on PS but didn''t find anything. I see lots of LOGR settings here, but just a few from one of two other vendors.

In general, is it worthwhile to upgrade to the VS/VVS full cut diamonds, or are they still included and tinted and not cut so well?

Or, have you seen any halo mountings elsewhere that on the ''Net that are under $800, fit 6.5mm, and are worth buying?

Thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I upgraded the diamonds to full cut on this ring, and it's very very well made. I highly recommend it for the price point. As you can see, these are full cut, and SI or higher and very sparkley and white. I believe this will fit a 6.5mm stone. I have it this same ring custom made for my blue tourmaline in 18K yellow gold with upgraded diamonds as well. The top one was around $300 with all the upgrades, and the bottom one around $450 or $470 if I remember correctly, but the bottom one is 18K as well as much larger. These rings are not junk IMO. They're not Leon Mege's, but you can't beat the quality for the price.

TLLOGRhalossplit.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
In addition to LOGR, there are a few other sellers (jewe2004 and jewelryhoo I think?) who make nearly identical settings. They''re all great...the one I have is from jewe2004, not for a 6.5mm round, but a larger emerald cut gemstone, and it was in the $200 range.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I think the most important thing about an ebay seller is their return policy and rating. It''s hard to buy without trying on. On eay I also look at the estate semi mounts....often good prices.

TL- I love that tourmaline ring
18.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
$800 is a reasonably healthy budget, and you're lucky in that you have such a standard size/shape centre stone.

I second looking at estate/vintage mounts on ebay (if that's your kind of thing), but also casting your net further than LOGR etc..

I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas.

eta: from what I've seen American Set seem to have reasonable quality (ebay).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2009 3:24:38 PM
Author: jstarfireb
In addition to LOGR, there are a few other sellers (jewe2004 and jewelryhoo I think?) who make nearly identical settings. They''re all great...the one I have is from jewe2004, not for a 6.5mm round, but a larger emerald cut gemstone, and it was in the $200 range.
I''m not crazy about lan.b04 and his many stores on ebay, for the price. I think the LOGR''s are heftier and I like the diamonds better. Just imparting my experience, maybe some of you like lan.b04 better, and that''s fine. There are second hand antique settings on ebay as well if you don''t mind a used setting. That''s a good idea as well.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
American set co (also ebay) look really really nice! I think there is a recent pic of one of their settings in the eye candy thread- it looks stunning (I think). I don t have one of their settings, but when I graduate (have promised boyf no more jewelry purchases till then), they are first on my list!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
American Set has some gorgeous settings (I have one)

linky

you can get some of their settings for very reasonable prices. They also get back with you quickly when you have questions. I found them to be great to to through on my ring project so I certainly wouldn''t hesitate again. I like the fact that they only make your setting when you pay for it, so its made to fit your finger (as long as you measure right).

I do have some LOGR''s which are also fine but most people do upgrade(I never have, my rings are fine for me) but I have to say that the quality of the AS setting does exceed the LOGR ones I have.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results