shape
carat
color
clarity

necklace storage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I have several necklaces all bunched up in a small box right now, and needless to say they are horribly tangled. I know a lot of people use push-pins on the wall, or one of those necklace trees for storage. I''m weary of using those because I don''t want anything exposed to the public, even if they are not expensive. I also don''t want to use a jewelery box either because it''s not portable enough.

My question is, can someone tell me what''s the best tangle-free, travel-friendly, and secure method of storing necklaces? Thanks!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zip-locs, or small plastic bags with zip-lock type closures, are great for storing chains or necklaces. Use the smallest size you can find and use one per necklace or chain, and zip closed leaving the clasp part hanging out a bit so the entire thing isn''t getting tangled up inside itself within the plastic bag.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea!! Thanks! Off to ebay...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I like those little silk Asian bags...If the chain has a pendant on it and I dont want it to get knotted up on the chain, I''ll use one of those silk jewelry pouch bags with two sections - I''ll drop the pendant in one side, and let the rest of the chain fall into the other side of the bag.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
zip bags are a great way to store pendants while taveling...This is a good way to store earrings also...one for each earring and one bag put in the other...so the stones dont scratch or chip each other...i do this with a pendant and its chain when traveling also...the chain and pendant seperated and put in seperate bags and then the pendant bag rolled up and slipped in the chain bag ...this eliminated the chain from scratching a high polished surface of a pendant.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 4:25:51 PM
Author: surfgirl
I like those little silk Asian bags...If the chain has a pendant on it and I dont want it to get knotted up on the chain, I''ll use one of those silk jewelry pouch bags with two sections - I''ll drop the pendant in one side, and let the rest of the chain fall into the other side of the bag.
Where do you get those?

You can get little plastic zippy bags cheap at Hobby Lobby (FYI)

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I''ve looked for Asian silk bags, but they tend to be a bit more expensive than ziplock bags, so I went for the latter. $3 for 100 on ebay, including shipping! woo! I can think of many ways to use the leftover bags, so it won''t be a problem.
Compared to about $4.50 for 10 for Asian Bags, not including shipping. Not expensive at all, but as a penny pinching student, it makes a difference
3.gif
Besides, I have more than 10 pendants in question.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you found a solution, choro72. I find that the plastic bags are also very helpful in keeping sterling silver pieces from tarnishing since they are airtight. And obviously using any bag to store pieces separately when traveling helps keep them from scratching others.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results