shape
carat
color
clarity

Neat horse diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllThatSparkles

Rough_Rock
Cool horse head-shaped diamond

horse2.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very cool. How would you "MOUNT" it?

Hee hee...get it?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12158&highlight=horse+diamond

http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28509&highlight=horse+diamond

Above are two other old posts on this same type diamond.

AllThatSparkles

Rough_Rock
Yea it was on another site. Maybe like a tension setting, or possibly a bridal type of setting...that would look cool. It would look neat as a pendant possibly...it's something like 1.34 carats.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Very, very clever, Patty.
3.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jennifer. Geesh, I thought no one got it.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/5/2004 9:17:53 PM AllThatSparkles wrote:

Yea it was on another site. Maybe like a tension setting, or possibly a bridal type of setting...that would look cool. It would look neat as a pendant possibly...it's something like 1.34 carats.----------------

HeeeHeee! Bridal type of setting!! Sorry I just couldn't resist since Patty started it. It's all Patty's fault. Bad, bad, Patty!
Up_to_something.gif

Neat pic! Glad you posted it.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are not all that rare, but this example looks way better cut than most I know of, esp. for the rather small weight. The tips and corners of the cut are rather fragile, so the setting has to take this into account seriously. Actually, prendants and pins come to mind rather than rings... with such a cut. You'd need an inspired designer and setter for this and a good doze of judgement to determine appropriate use, I'd say.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I have recently seen half moons (which didn't knock my socks off) and "lillies" as the lady who sold them calls them. Basically it's like a radiant square, with the straight edges indented by a inple girdle cut, so the shape then resembles as four leaf clover, but more squared. Hard to describe, but I have no pictures.
sad.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
pq:
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 2/6/2004 9:28:29 AM Nicrez wrote:

I have recently seen half moons (which didn't knock my socks off) and 'lillies' as the lady who sold them calls them. Basically it's like a radiant square, with the straight edges indented by a inple girdle cut, so the shape then resembles as four leaf clover, but more squared. Hard to describe, but I have no pictures.
sad.gif

----------------

That's the Lily Cut:

http://www.lili-diamonds.com/LilyCut.asp

9.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Those Lily Cut stones would make really cute earrings. How do they look in real life? Do they sparkle nicely?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Granted I saw them in a .25 carat, as side stones, but they DID sparkle quite a bit. They are unique and absolutely cute! Not on this e-ring, but maybe a nice pendant or earring like you Sumi!

LawGem, damn you're good!
eek.gif
appl.gif

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
BUMP!!!I found this while going over some old posts. Thought some of the other newbies might like to see it. Unbelievable Huh?!!!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
It is very interesting, Bling. Thanks for doin' the bump!
9.gif
(Hmm..we need a disco smiley)

I can't remember where the site was the I saw this one but I saw one the other day cut like a Christmas tree.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
wow, that''s really cool!!! I''ve never seen anything like it before. Love the mounting joke!
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of these unusual cuts are way kewl.
Iv been real tempted to have some gemstones cut that way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results