shape
carat
color
clarity

near disaster

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

imhelping

Rough_Rock
So I received my loose diamond from WF the other day and as I''m unfolding the paper it''s held in, the diamond rolled out and fell on my carpet.
emdgust.gif
!!! At first I thought, "No problem, it''s one of the most sparkly objects on earth, I''ll find it." But 15 mins later, I was still searching for it! To make matters worse, my girlfriend shows up and asks me what''s wrong (I guess i was visibly shaken). "Oh nothing" I lied. After about 20 mins, I FINALLY saw it out of the corner of my eye shoved deep in the carpet (I probably stepped on it).

Well I had to tell someone this story, and as this diamond is going to be on an engagement ring, i could not tell my gf. So thanks for reading! And I promise, I''ll take better care of the diamond from here on out!
face9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Close call. Glad you found it! And just be glad you didn't drop it on a hard floor at juuuuust the wrong angle and chip it. Phew!

In the future (ha, like this is ever going to happen again!) I think I read on here once that a trick is to turn off the lights and use a flash light. It will glint like crazy.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So glad the stone was safely recovered...guard that baby with your life now!

imhelping

Rough_Rock
After that mishap I decided to pack the "baby" and ship it off to Maytal. That way I can do no more harm.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Glad disaster was averted!!!

I know what you mean about just having to tell someone- my FF and I aren''t telling anyone we''re "unofficially" engaged until we are "officially" engaged... so after picking my diamond and coworkers ask me, "What did you do this weekend?" I''m totally trying not to jump outta my skin and blurt it out!
36.gif
Maybe I could tell them without telling them... *coughcoughipickedoutmydiamondcoughcough*
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Phew! Glad you were able to find it!

whew, I am glad you found it. That had to be torture when your GF came in. I am glad you thought to pack up the box before she came in though!

I actually picked mine up at a fed ex holding location and opened it there to make sure nothing was stolen before I left. I almost just sat down and opened it up on the table and brought it out, but just before that I decided to get some packaging supplies and create a barrier around it, just incase. Sure enough, I opened the packaging up and couldnt find my diamond for several minutes, didn't see the little wrraper it was in had flopped out and mixed with the barrier I had created, but I can just imagine if I hadn't created the barrier I might have had an early lost diamond story of my own! those diamonds are scary!

but her coming in during the search...ouch...very problematic....can't imagine that one...

oh actually, I kind of can. the night before I proposed I tried to clean the ring while she was in the shower, so I quickly brought out my ultrasonic (which I hadn't given to her yet either). She got out rather suddenly and was dressed in much less time than usual, I had to pick everything up ring and all, wet Ultra sonic dripping all over the place and throw it in my backpack, then I had to take the ultrasonic box and toss it quickly behind the counters, she came in the kitchen and said, "what are you doing with your back pack, but I was just rude and acted like I didn't want to talk and said "nothing, just getting some stuff" then went to the bedroom and was terrified hunting for my ring. Eventually I found it sitting in the bottom of my backpack and realized it was dirtier than when I started, and quickly hid everything again (I had been in pajamas so I didn't have anywhere else to put it down safely). But fortunately she was mad at me at that point so I had just enough time to bring the loupe out of my backpack and inspect for any damages I might have caused, just out of paranoia before I actually got it back to its hiding place (and had to leave the US in my book bag at that point and go make up for being rude and make up some story, can't remember what I said anymore though). ahhh, anyway, I feel your pain, it can be very troublesome to keep it a secret...I feel your pain over here

imhelping

Rough_Rock
Oh and I forgot, my dog decided to pop in as well to see what was so interesting on the floor! Now THAT would''ve been a disaster...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results