shape
carat
color
clarity

Naughty Freke''s gemstone shopping spree!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 12:54:57 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hi Harriet!! I know, I think I went a little overboard. I figured everyone would like the Rhodolites best. They are pretty rockin'' for what I paid.
You know I was just kidding, right?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You found some great treasures at great prices! I can''t wait to see what you''ll do with them.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
All very lovely!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You certainly brought home some beautiful gems at a great price, congrats to you!
You have a lovely collection!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 12:16:18 AM
Author: Harriet
Date: 6/21/2008 12:54:57 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hi Harriet!! I know, I think I went a little overboard. I figured everyone would like the Rhodolites best. They are pretty rockin'' for what I paid.
You know I was just kidding, right?
3.gif
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks marcyc, Skippy, and Diamond*Dana!!!!

Anyone have any suggestions for what to do with them? Especially the Rhodolites-I have no ideas there...

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I didn''t do too badly with the guessing there. I lowballed the tsav, and overshot on the demantoid. Looking at your collection makes me think we need a "Show me your loose gemstones!" thread.

I never have enough money to set my stones right after I buy them, so I usually wait a couple of months until the inspiration hits (or I get a great deal on a setting). With the rhodolites, of course the first thought is earrings, but you could also do a matching ring and pendant.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice collection!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol Selkie you really weren''t that far off. I think we do need a "Show me your loose gemstones thread" because I certainly could contribute to it, and I know a lot of PSers have a bunch of them just sitting around. (GYPSY!) And I want to see ''em!!!!

BF has forbidden me from buying anymore loose gemstones for a while, (unless I find something that''s on my list-which can be added onto
31.gif
) so I guess I''ll think about settings. I already started looking last night.

I thought about earrings for the Rhodolites as well, but my problem with that is that I just don''t wear a lot of reddish colors, and I tend to wear bigger flashier earrings. So as studs or drops they wouldn''t get a lot of usage. If I could find some pretty bigger settings-maybe some antique filigree kind of things-then I''d think about it more, but for now I''m leaning towards a pendant and ring (because, as always, then I could see one of them!)

For the smaller one, I''m thinking ring in rose gold. So I''m on a hunt for settings in rose gold. lol

Thank you Addy!!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Can''t wait to see how you set them!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
How fun, I love the ''group shot''. The color on the matched pair is great!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! You are getting a nice collection.

Don''t rush to set them all now. It''s o.k. to wait until the right project comes along.
1.gif

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Great colors, beautiful collection! Can''t wait to see how they end up set... Congrats!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori, Mercoledi, Fly Girl and ahappygirl!!!! I''m looking forward to getting them set, it''ll just take a while I think. I don''t know what to start with first...

...and I have absolutely NO IDEAS for the rhodolite pair.
32.gif
33.gif

conniek

Rough_Rock
28.gif
I am traveling to Sitka Alaska this Friday and wonder if there are any dealers of demantoid garnet there or in Juneau? I know there are alot of Russian goods in Sitka and am curious about colored gemstones.
Connie

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, gorgeous! I love the group shot. They all look delicious!
1.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun!
36.gif
I too am like a kid in a candy stores with gemstones. I think indicolite can be a really pretty stone but it is easier to see the color in smaller stones. I really like how affordable the smaller stones are.
If it makes you feel any better I have alot of smaller stones I picked up, and not sure if I will ever get around to setting them, just enjoy them loose.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the group shot!! You bought some lovely stones, how fun!!!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you were busy and successful! Those are beautiful, love the range of colors - you will have a blast coming up with fun ''projects'' to suit them all . . . I''m jealous!
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!!!They are pretty fun, and the colors actually remind me of candy. I think I''ll have to go back again, but next time, with a list in hand. And I''ll have to stick to the list.

Connie, I don''t know anything about demantoids in Alaska. You might want to post your own topic and perhaps Pandora or one of the other garnet/colored stone experts could chime in.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the group shot. I would have a hard time, deciding which to set first they are all so pretty.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results