carat
color
clarity

Blog Natural Diamond Prices - August 2022

bcmacdonald

Staff member
Natural-Diamond-Prices-August-2022-blog-post-1024x576.png

bcmacdonald published a new blog post.
The natural diamond market has taken a slight shift over the past two months. Industry experts are concerned about the decrease in diamond trade and the industry forecast for the second half of 2022. Geopolitical and economical tensions continue to rise in China.
<p...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

The natural diamond industry is undergoing fundamental disruption as political, economical, and societal issues disturb the supply chain, reduce demand, and shift consumer shopping behavior. Based on recent political, economical, and societal tensions throughout the world we would love to read your industry predictions for the US diamond market for the upcoming month.

Last edited:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Thanks for the information. It appears to me that anyone looking for 1 carat studs would be wise to look now. Or anyone that wants some under one carat side stones for a project should look now.
My question has to do with the statement that round diamond prices have fallen due to the Ukraine War. Does this mean Russian diamonds are flooding the market or the opposite, or neither. What has the Ukraine war to do with diamond prices?
I guess I am surprised diamond prices are not up, just due to inflation

Thanks
Annette

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to know who’s in that photo looking at the PriceScope graph :bigsmile:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi,

Thanks for the information. It appears to me that anyone looking for 1 carat studs would be wise to look now. Or anyone that wants some under one carat side stones for a project should look now.
My question has to do with the statement that round diamond prices have fallen due to the Ukraine War. Does this mean Russian diamonds are flooding the market or the opposite, or neither. What has the Ukraine war to do with diamond prices?
I guess I am surprised diamond prices are not up, just due to inflation

Thanks
Annette

Russia's ALROSA surpassed DeBeers' as the world's largest producer of rough diamonds some time ago. Due to the war, many sanctions against Russia have been put in place, so there are fewer diamonds available.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results