shape
carat
color
clarity

Narrowed search... advice on this stone please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Saffyre

Rough_Rock
After a month of research into diamonds, this is what i have come up with for a great looking affordable stone. Id love to put 5Cts on her finger but alas this is but a stepping stone. the only catch is this stone is sight unseen, but has a 14day 100% money back guarantee.

(EGL-USA)
Round Brilliant 0.75 Cts
5.91 x 5.86 x 3.61
Clarity: VS2
Color: H
Total Depth: 61.3%
Table width: 58%
Crown Height: 14.6%
Pavillion Depth: 43.0%
Girdle thickness: Thin to Medium Faceted
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Flouresence: None
HCA: ex/ex/ex/vg 1.3
Sarin info:
5.85 - 5.89 x 3.59
Round Brilliant 0.75 Cts
Total Depth: 61.2%
Table width: 57.8%
Crown Height: 34''
Pavillion Depth: 40.6''
Girdle thickness: 1.5% (0.9 -2.0) %
HCA: ex/ex/ex/vg 0.8

Using the EGL-USA certificate in the HCA, it shows up as a 1.3. But in digging alittle deeper and getting a sarin report from the vendor, the numbers changed a bit. When i enter the numbers into the HCA now, it shows up is a 0.8. I also used the David Atlas AGA DIY grading calculator, and this stone shows up as 1a.

Anyone have anythign to point out about this stone, am I missing anything?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2005 1:34:46 PM
Author:Saffyre

After a month of research into diamonds, this is what i have come up with for a great looking affordable stone. Id love to put 5Cts on her finger but alas this is but a stepping stone. the only catch is this stone is sight unseen, but has a 14day 100% money back guarantee.

(EGL-USA)
Round Brilliant 0.75 Cts
5.91 x 5.86 x 3.61
Clarity: VS2
Color: H
Total Depth: 61.3%
Table width: 58%
Crown Height: 14.6%
Pavillion Depth: 43.0%
Girdle thickness: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Flouresence: None
HCA: ex/ex/ex/vg 1.3

Sarin info:
5.85 - 5.89 x 3.59
Round Brilliant 0.75 Cts
Total Depth: 61.2%
Table width: 57.8%
Crown Height: 34''
Pavillion Depth: 40.6''
Girdle thickness: 1.5% (0.9 -2.0) %
HCA: ex/ex/ex/vg 0.8

Using the EGL-USA certificate in the HCA, it shows up as a 1.3. But in digging alittle deeper and getting a sarin report from the vendor, the numbers changed a bit. When i enter the numbers into the HCA now, it shows up is a 0.8. I also used the David Atlas AGA DIY grading calculator, and this stone shows up as 1a.

Anyone have anythign to point out about this stone, am I missing anything?
The HCA prefers and rates higher stones that are slighlt shallow...

This depends on what you want as to the level of light return and quality.

Because it has an EGL cert, even though its USA I would advise you to check out the appraisers that contribute to the forum, and have your seller send the stone to them. Sometimes EGL reports are too generous in their grading. Be aware that many times

Beware of refund promises. I have a customer now that wants to return the stone. The stone was sold at a very good price, and was the quality it was represented to be. But the appearance of the stone, faces up too warm for her. She wants to get a refund that she was promised, but the seller wants to deduct a 20% restocking charge. The 20% amounts to a $2800 deduction from their credit card. The seller is being very stubborn, and now the consumer has to try to have the credit card company charge back the seller. Many times a seller will offer a 100% guarantee of a refund, but you need to review the terms of this promise. Often times, in order to get a refund the stone clarity & color have to be MORE than one grade different from the lab report.

See if your seller will send the stone to an independent and established gemologist appraiser to have it checked for you. WITHOUT YOU PAYING IN ADVANCE for it. Not paying for the stone up front until dramatically reduces any risk you might encounter later.

I do this sort of work, and other gemologist appraisers who are active on the forum are :

Dave Atlas ( Old Miner)
Neil Beatty ( Denver Appraiser)
RIchard Sherwood
Cynthia ( New England Gem Lab)
Marty Haske (adamas Gem Lab)

these are just a few... you can also check the appraisers list on PS too.

Rockdoc

Saffyre

Rough_Rock
Could I have the stone sent to and graded by AGS?? if so what is the cost of that??

The vendor is out of LA, Cali. In the first email I sent him i asked if he had a sarin report, he said no but will have one done immediatly, and the next day had a sarin report for me. So perhaps he would send it somewhere to be graded independantly, but i am not sureif he would send it across the country.

Saffyre

Rough_Rock
^^ bump before sleep..
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results