shape
carat
color
clarity

Name for this type of necklace?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a beautiful necklace the other day, and I''m wondering if there''s a name for the style. Unfortunately I don''t have any pics. The piece was formed out of gold so that it was a solid piece (not a chain) which wrapped around the back of the neck with stones set in a floral pattern in the front around the collar bone. However, the two sides in the front were separate and didn''t touch at all, so you would put the necklace on from the back of your neck like you were hanging it over like a tailor might place his measuring tape or a doctor his stethoscope (when not using them). Horseshoe shaped, in a way. Anyone familiar with what this style might be called??

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I have a necklace I wear from front to back...the opening is in the back. It is called a collar necklace. Also called a choker.

Could collar be the term you are looking for?

DKS

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm, maybe the best way to describe it is as an open front collar necklace?

Similar idea as this, but the one I saw had much larger stones (amethysts and diamonds if I remember right).

8310.jpg

eac

Shiny_Rock
I''d be tempted to call it a torc, but that term is so old-fashioned it goes back to pre-BC times. The Celts wore heavy torcs of gold, bronze, or silver.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 7:37:46 PM
Author: eac
I''d be tempted to call it a torc, but that term is so old-fashioned it goes back to pre-BC times. The Celts wore heavy torcs of gold, bronze, or silver.

Oooooh, THANK YOU!! I KNEW there had to be a "real" term for it.
36.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another one from Tiffany. They call it a claw necklace but I think it''s because there''s a claw at the end haha.

tiffany_claw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results