shape
carat
color
clarity

name change vent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I am just blowing off steam here - but about a month ago I went to my bank and had my name changed on my accounts. At the time, the representative told me she had ordered a new Debit card for me. I should note, I live by my debit card and rarely have cash - so it is important to me that I have a functioning debit card at all times.

I waited about two weeks and still hadn''t received a card. I called my bank to find out what was going on and was informed no new card had ever been ordered. I was offered the option of having a new card issued at that time. I accepted and about a week later my new card arrived with the wrong middle initial. I know it seems like a small detail but this means my debit card does not match with my license and with more and more retilers asking for photo ID with cards I want my names to match.

I called my banking institution today to get a corrected card. The representative was RUDE RUDE RUDE which set the tone for the conversation to take a quick downward turn. She immediately told me I had to have my current card deactivated so they could order me a new card. I started to ask why this was required when I didn''t need to have the card with my maiden name deactivated the other times I was waiting for a new card. She continued to be rude and tell me I could just go into a branch where they could give me a temporary ATM card. I asked again why I was expected to correct their error and why I couldn''t keep the card with my maiden name activated while I waited for a new card. Silence. I was told "it''s just the way it is". Is it really? Because that''s not the way it was 2 weeks ago! I promptly hung up on her as the words that wanted to spill from my mouth were full of profanity.

I deal with the public a lot in my job - and I know first hand how an attitude on one end of the phone can set the tone - I am absolutely disgusted with the treatment I got today. I can not wait for the end of the month to come so I can move my accounts over to a new bank.

End vent.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry!!! I''d be screwed without my debit card! and I can''t stand rude customer service people! and that it ridiculous, I don''t know why they couldn''t just let you use your card with your maiden name on it!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Oh, changing names on paypal was the worst. I ended up having to start a new account. They wanted a copy of my ss card. Um, no. I''m not a seller, have only used it occasionally. Am now in my second month of random email exchanges w/ paypal. Just gave up recently. No idea why they were so incredibly insane about this. Good luck to you all in doing this. Seriously, they just about wanted blood samples. It was easier to change my mutual funds over, that just required two notarizations.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 8:41:08 PM
Author: swimmer
Oh, changing names on paypal was the worst. I ended up having to start a new account. They wanted a copy of my ss card. Um, no. I''m not a seller, have only used it occasionally. Am now in my second month of random email exchanges w/ paypal. Just gave up recently. No idea why they were so incredibly insane about this. Good luck to you all in doing this. Seriously, they just about wanted blood samples. It was easier to change my mutual funds over, that just required two notarizations.
Oh Swimmer - I feel your pain!

I must admit though, what truly scared me were the number of institutions where I could just call them and say my new name and they just took my word for it - no copies of anything. Even during the name change process, I was shocked by the fact that the RMV did not ask for any documentation proving the change even after the alias kicked out of their system because it hadn''t yet been changed with Social Security. Just a tad eye opening!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry you had to deal with that
7.gif
I always try to be extremely polite to people on the phone, so I know how it feels when someone (who is in a job just to help people!) is rude to you back. I would also be mad.

Did you ask to speak to a supervisor? That's what I typically do. If the company wants to keep me, I expect some type of concession from a manager. If they just say "Sorry, that's how it is" I'm gone.

eta: I was able to change my name with the unemployment office without any kind of proof. You do need a PIN to prove it's you, but still. I can see gas and electric - they don't care what name is on the account as long as someone pays it (and it's linked with the address anyway) but other things (like my credit cards) seem a little strange that they need no documentation. Heck, I have to visit the Comcast office in person to change my name! At least Comcast cares
20.gif

iloveny

Shiny_Rock
I totally feel your pain. I''m amazed at how many credit card companies and gov agencies screwed it up! I made my maiden name my middle name, and so many of them just kept my middle name as it is. Crazy! And just when you think you''ve taken care of everything, something else comes up! Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results