shape
carat
color
clarity

Nails done? Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
So with my proposal coming up in the next month, I am kind of wanting to get my nails done. I am not one to get my nails done as I have only had them done twice -- once for junior prom and the other, senior prom. And, I don''t believe I am getting the "traditional" engagement ring. (Unless he''s surprising me, he is proposing with my promise ring or a stand-in ring.) But for some reason, I want to get my nails done anyway!

BUT... I''m going on a cruise June 1st and this is where the proposal is supposed to take place. Do you think it''d be a little fancy or unnecessary just before a cruise? Do you think they''d get ruined in any way? I just don''t know if it''s a practical time to get them done? What do you think?

Also, my hair. Ugh, I have the most unruly curly hair! I''ve been growing it out the last few months and thought I would have it just trimmed and thinned out as much as possibly before we leave. It''s easier to handle when thinned but not by an extraordinary amount. If I wanted to wear it down and curly, I''d still have to use some hair product to keep it tamed... or I could just throw it up in a pony.

But then I was thinking, maybe I should just chop it? It''s be easier to deal with in that way... to straighten it, with it shorter, wouldn''t take too much effort... and I''d still leave it long enough to pull up if I just don''t want to deal with it. However, with my curly hair, would make it almost impossible to wear it down and look decent.

So what do you ladies think? HELP!

Thanks in advance!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
nails, yes. get a regular manicure. as for hair, do you have a stulist? i would ask thier advice.

i am leaving for a sililar trip so i am getting a regular mani/pedi so i can do my own touch up.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 9:20:48 PM
Author: jcarlylew
nails, yes. get a regular manicure. as for hair, do you have a stulist? i would ask thier advice.

i am leaving for a sililar trip so i am getting a regular mani/pedi so i can do my own touch up.

you know... I have yet to find a stylist that can really handle my hair...
38.gif
I need to get on that!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
When you say "get your nails done", do you mean manicure or do you mean acrylic nails? I would absolutely get a manicure, why not! It''s nice to treat yourself every once in awhile, especially before a vacation!

As for your hair; it''s just hair...it''ll grow back if you decide to chop it all off. But, summer is approaching and some ladies like having the ability to pull their hair back if necessary (if you cut it too short, that could be a problem). I usually chop mine off in the summer (past summer I went for the ever so popular inverted bob) and I did not mind it. Maybe you can get a trim before your trip, and if you want more off after, then chop it off?

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Does he know that you know that he''s proposing?

I knew that it was coming verrrryyyy soon but I didn''t bother to get them done. Like you, I rarely get my nails done.
I didn''t want him to think I wasn''t surprised (I was), btw)...so I got it done after I received the ring.

I don''t think it''s that big of a deal if you don''t have your nails done. That''s a personal opinion, but like I said, I don''t pay much
attention to my nails. If you are worried about taking great ring pictures, you can always do that after you receive the ring....

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should definitely get your nails done- even though you notice them because you never have them done, I can guarentee no one else will notice them or think they look weird since they don''t know you!

As for the hair- it''s totally up to you.. have you had it short before? Do you know you will like it? nothing is worse than leaving after a hair appt and knowing you are unhappy! Especially if you are about to go on a cruise (a very exciting one for that matter!!!!)

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I would start getting manicures AND pedicures now, and continue to do so until your trip. The pedicures....so your feet stay maintained before the trip, so they look fab in flip slops/sandals, and the manicures so that your SO gets use to it, so that by the time you go on your trip, he wont think anything of it.

I think if you get them done for the first time ever before your trip, then he''ll know you did it FOR THAT you know? Better for you to start getting use to them now too, so that you can keep getting them done after you get the ring. Your going to want them to look nice when everyone asks to see your left hand!
2.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
yeah, guys really don''t notice that stuff anyway, they dont know the diff from a prof mani-pedi, to you just putting on some polish. I really like clear mani''s because I like how they shape my nails. But I work w/ paper, so I have nail polish rubbed off in a day, so I don''t feel bad w/ clear polish.

I''d think about your trip photos... what hairstyle do you like best. I kept my hair long... REALLY LONG, because it was easy... easier than short. But what is easiest for you? You;ll be on a trip, do you like to pamper yourself on a trip, primp and stuff? When I''m on a trip, I do mostly ponies, and belly up to the swim up bar as fast as I can. So it would be a waste to spend a lot of time doing my hair, when I plan on sunbathing all day long. Just a thought.

35.gif

Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 12:46:07 PM
Author: tlh
yeah, guys really don''t notice that stuff anyway, they dont know the diff from a prof mani-pedi, to you just putting on some polish. I really like clear mani''s because I like how they shape my nails. But I work w/ paper, so I have nail polish rubbed off in a day, so I don''t feel bad w/ clear polish.

I''d think about your trip photos... what hairstyle do you like best. I kept my hair long... REALLY LONG, because it was easy... easier than short. But what is easiest for you? You;ll be on a trip, do you like to pamper yourself on a trip, primp and stuff? When I''m on a trip, I do mostly ponies, and belly up to the swim up bar as fast as I can. So it would be a waste to spend a lot of time doing my hair, when I plan on sunbathing all day long. Just a thought.

35.gif

Exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i agree.. guys really don''t notice too much. the mani pedi id perfect that way it''s nothing too much, but just enough that it will make you feel pampered, and will look great with pics!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Well, i would say gret your nails down, BUT than again i get mine down bi-weekly. Also you may think your man doesnt/wont notice, but they do. At least mine does, he could actually tell you what last two colors i had on!

As for the hair, dont what you think you will be comfy with and what will look best and be the easiest to do.
2.gif

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! To answer your questions: Yes, I have had my hair cut shorter. It doesn't do that well with my hair since it is so curly so I usually straighten it a lot when I have it shorter or just pull it up. I don't think I'll be wanting to straighten my hair too much on the cruise b/c well, it's a vacation and I don't want to have to deal with my hair all the time. So, I'd probably end up wearing it up a lot. (in that instance of having it cut short)

That's the reason I had initially planned on just growing it out and having it trimmed and thinned just before I leave. If I wanted it down, I could just put some product in and let it go... or of course, pull it up. A little bit easier than if it were shorter and having to straighten it.

So I guess I just answered my own question with that. haha. Longer it is!

As for the nails, he knows I know that he's waiting for the cruise. There is no mistake about it. So getting my nails done wouldn't tip him off to me knowing. So why not, right? I could use some pampering. hehe.
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
YES on cutting the hair! Changing a hairstyle is always so much fun.

NO on the nails. Because you don''t do it all the time (other than twice) I wouldn''t take that route. It damages your natural nails and what if one breaks off when on the cruise? Your not used to them so who knows what would happen. I''d advise doing your own nails via a nice little home manicure with some pretty natural nail polish. OPI is great and long lasting! I use it all the time and only have to redo my nails every week. So take a nail file, polish remover, and your favorite color with you incase you need any touch ups!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results