shape
carat
color
clarity

Nailbiter In Alaska! Stevens Now Down By 3 Votes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it when elections are this close! So interesting! Although I''m not quite sure how Stevens, a convicted felon, was ahead until just now and could easily still win, but hey-what do I know?!
3.gif

"ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Republican Sen. Ted Stevens, a titan of Alaska politics convicted of felony charges last month, fell behind by three votes Wednesday as the count resumed in his re-election bid.

Democrat Mark Begich, the two-term mayor of Anchorage, began Wednesday down more than 3,200 votes but closed the gap as officials resumed counting early and absentee ballots. The tally was 125,019 to 125,016."

link

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to guess there will be a re-count?
20.gif

This is so entirely odd, haha. Stevens is sort of a piece of work...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 11:27:19 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
I''m going to guess there will be a re-count?
20.gif

This is so entirely odd, haha. Stevens is sort of a piece of work...

Apparently hey''re counting the absentee ballots now since it was so close. I don''t know if this is the recount or not, though!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The collective opinion is that Alaskans voted for Stevens not because they wanted him specifically in that role any longer, but that they needed him to win in order to retain the ability to appoint a Republican should Stevens resign or be voted out of the Senate after the convictions.

After having thought about that, it is good strategy for the staunch Republicans. In fact, it was exceptionally good strategy if the Republicans were hoping to manipulate Sarah Palin into the spot or use new found pressure with Palin to appoint an energy favorable czar to the seat.

I hope he loses.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Stevens is down almost 1,000 votes now. Interesting article about why people might have voted for him and why he is now losing the absentee votes, but it is HuffPo for those who can''t take the slant link

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results