shape
carat
color
clarity

My Whiteflash Choices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

duriofont

Rough_Rock
My thanks to all of who so generously give of your time and knowledge to guide and educate those of us who are new to the mannnnnnnny technicalities of diamonds. I''ve been lurking here for approx 1-1/2 years trying to learn from all of you to hopefully make an educated decision for such an expensive investment. My budget went from 5-6K to 10k and it still makes no sense in my brain that I''d choose to spend so much. Diamonds must be a "heart" purchase. At some point it comes down to the Nike slogan, "just do it."

I''m choosing to stay with Whiteflash because of my experiences with Lesley and Brian. They are knowledgeable, professional, patient, emphathetic and passionate about their profession. I highly recommend them.

As a first time buyer, I went to Houston 3 weeks ago to look at their diamonds within my price range. I was thinking I''d be able to tell the difference between cut and color if I viewed these diamonds in person. Not hardly! Color was only detectable when Brian placed D next to J and I viewed them from the side. Cut was a little detectable for me because I was trying to get a 1.64 like Mara and that diamond didn''t sparkle quite like the rest. Brian did not give any info about the individual diamonds until I eliminated the 1.64 and found out it wasn''t an ACA. I was never able to make a final decision beyond that because I couldn''t narrow it down to which was more important ~ clarity or color. They all looked the same to me ~ beautiful!

This brings me back to ya''ll and my final choice. Which of these two diamonds would you choose and why? Or do you see any other possibilities at Whiteflash?

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=2313849,2323690

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This J VS2 1.705 is $10,448. It is a teensy bit over budget, but it is also quite a lot bigger and you mentioned wanting a 1.64 like Miss Mara, and this would make your stone larger (until her ungrade). I think either of the choices your posted would be really lovely as well though I favor the J out of those two becuase I like the IS better. JMO.
35.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
hello cajun! (from a fellow cajun)

oh Mat! that's a great idea.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you can wait a month or so, WF will have my stone back in early may!!!
31.gif
it's actually a 1.60 J SI2 ES but it is just as stunning as any of the ACA's we saw when we were there. for me this stone has been my most favorite so far, and not just because of the size.

i have to say i really want a PSer to end up with this stone (i tried to get one of my friends who is getting engaged to get her BF to buy it because then i could still see it all the time!) because it really is a rockin' sockin' stone...Brian still remembers it when we chat on the phone.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
girl- u need to start spilling those beans!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 12:10:02 PM
Author: jcrow
girl- u need to start spilling those beans!
Seriously

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know i feel bad for stringing you guys along but isn''t it so much more exciting to just see it happen all at once?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok ok you guys got me...i posted in SMTR.

duriofont

Rough_Rock

My thanks to all of you.

Matatora I''ve emailed Lesley to compare the J you suggested with the one I was considering.

Mara ~ I''m definitely interested in your stone because I trust your judgment and you obviously think it''s beautiful. How would we proceed? I''m worried Lesley and Brian will think I''m nuts! Would Brian be reasonably able to let me know how it compares with the two J''s I''m not considering?

U2Forever

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I must tell you that I purchased AGS-7011409 a few days ago.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
cajun, i would tell lesley you may be interested in my stone, they will be getting it back for trade-in come the first weekend of may. i am not sure what their policy is because i think they send it out for regrading and inspection typically so i''d ask her. but brian does remember my stone and he should have all their old files on it...so he may be able to tell you more about my stone compared to the ones you are considering also.

this has been a spectacular stone and also that it is such a great SI2. there is one tiny small black inclusion that is visible if you hold it REALLY close to your eye and focus on the table and then it just looks like a piece of dust on it (kinda fun actually), but other than that i never found any other inclusions in it and no one has ever seen the inclusion in my stone, even those who tried to look for it. so it''s a great ''deal'' in terms of SI2 and well-graded.

my friend who is getting engaged WANTS my stone, she absolutely loves it, but her bf seems to think its too big for her (sacrilege!) and wants to get her a 1.3 or similar. oh well!

duriofont

Rough_Rock
Oops! This should have read ~ the two J''s I''m now considering. I''m waiting on comparison photos from Lesley!

Would Brian be reasonably able to let me know how it compares with the two J''s I''m not considering?

duriofont

Rough_Rock
Hey there jcrow! What part of LA are you from and where are you now? I''m from Lafayette.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results