shape
carat
color
clarity

My WhiteFlash ACA/Tsavorite E-Ring Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Doomaise

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 2:15:34 PM
Author: firstrock
I agree with getting info. cards printed ;-). It''s a beautiful ring. Enlighten the ignorant, what are tsavorites?
OK, here''s my best shot at enlightening about tsavorites (and I''ll use emeralds as a comparison, but my intentions are not to bash emeralds, as they are also beautiful):

- Is in the family of gemstones known as "Garnets"
- It''s only found in East Africa (along the border between Tanzania and Kenya). So it''s very rare (much more rare than Emeralds).
- It was first discovered in 1967, and originally promoted in the USA by Tiffany & Co. in 1974.
- The colour range of the tsavorite includes a springlike light green, an intense blue-green and a deep forest green.
- It is much less "included" as Emeralds.
- Has almost the same hardness as emeralds, - approximately 7.5 on the Mohs scale - but it is markedly less sensitive. It is not so likely to crack or splinter.
- Is more "brilliant" than Emeralds (Refractive Index of 1.734 vs. Emerald 1.576 vs. Diamond 2.417), a so is a much better pair with Diamonds, Ruby''s, Saphires, as it can "hold it''s own" and not look dull compared to them.
- Is completely natural and untreated (not heated or oiled like most Emeralds).
- Because public awareness of tsavorite is so low, it is MUCH cheaper than Emeralds....but as awareness increases, so will the price.

Anyone, please feel free to correct, and/or add any info if I''m missing anything important.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous! The stones all compliment each other so well. Thanks for all of the tsav info!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so used to seeing side stones in sapphires that it is a treat to see something different. The color of your tsavorites is beautiful. Love the combination. I''m already imagining an eternity band to go with it! Can''t wait to see more pictures.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doomaisie, it is a real treat to see your stunning and unique ring, it turned out beautifully! Congrats!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love the green of those tsavorites so much more than even emeralds! Yum, I just want to eat them up!

Congrats!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!! I can''t wait until you get it...so then you can share some more pictures!!!! It turned out so beautifully, she is going to be thrilled!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring. Your use of the tsavorite to accentuate your incredible precious ACA(!) diamond is exactly what the gemology experts say should be done. --It''s exactly what Henry Platt had in mind when he mandated that Tiffany artisans begin using tsavorites as accent stones in fine jewelry rather than emerald b/c tsavorite sparkles so much more vividly. Your ring would make any Tiffany design director gush. It''s beautiful, and I hope thousands of PSers get a chance to see it. More pictures please!! Congratulations!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 3:33:23 PM
Author: Doomaise

I agree with getting info. cards printed ;-). It''s a beautiful ring. Enlighten the ignorant, what are tsavorites?

OK, here''s my best shot at enlightening about tsavorites (and I''ll use emeralds as a comparison, but my intentions are not to bash emeralds, as they are also beautiful):

- Is in the family of gemstones known as ''Garnets''

- It''s only found in East Africa (along the border between Tanzania and Kenya). So it''s very rare (much more rare than Emeralds).

- It was first discovered in 1967, and originally promoted in the USA by Tiffany & Co. in 1974.

- The colour range of the tsavorite includes a springlike light green, an intense blue-green and a deep forest green.

- It is much less ''included'' as Emeralds.

- Has almost the same hardness as emeralds, - approximately 7.5 on the Mohs scale - but it is markedly less sensitive. It is not so likely to crack or splinter.

- Is more ''brilliant'' than Emeralds (Refractive Index of 1.734 vs. Emerald 1.576 vs. Diamond 2.417), a so is a much better pair with Diamonds, Ruby''s, Saphires, as it can ''hold it''s own'' and not look dull compared to them.

- Is completely natural and untreated (not heated or oiled like most Emeralds).

- Because public awareness of tsavorite is so low, it is MUCH cheaper than Emeralds....but as awareness increases, so will the price.

Anyone, please feel free to correct, and/or add any info if I''m missing anything important.

Henry Platt, President of Tiffany named them after the Tsavo River, and they are wonderful accent stones that you can often find in the best jewelry. CONGRATULATIONS again. It''s gorgeous. :)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness--it''s beautiful and so unusual! I
30.gif
it!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s just as amazing as I envisioned it would be. I am sooooo in love. I was already thinking round/pears for a someday upgrade. And I am still, but on second thought those pears may end up being tsavs! Totally stunning. Can''t wait to hear about how much she loves it...... annnnd see hand shots
11.gif

SO well done, Doomaise.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow
23.gif

that''s a SPECTACULAR ring!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

and thanks for the tsavorite lesson
5.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
That''s such a beautiful unique ring!!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Enlighten the ignorant, what are tsavorites?

Firstrock: Let me see some information on these green stones.
Bertrand: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see this information.
Firstrock: We don't need to see this information.
Bertrand: These aren't the green gems you're looking for.
Firstrock: These aren't the green gems we're looking for.
Bertrand: We can go about our business.
Firstrock: You can go about your business.
Bertrand: Move along.
Firstrock: Move along... move along.

Shhhh....Tsavorites have been a little bit of a secret (unless you go over to the colored stone section of PS). 200 times rarer than emerald, 1/4 the price

I rather like the look of Tsavorites and whiteflash diamonds. I will have to try that combination some time.
25.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is such a beautiful ring, the diamond is stunning and those tsavs are just such a great color!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!! I just big puffy heart it.

shay

Doomaise

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 7:53:28 PM
Author: Bertrand

Enlighten the ignorant, what are tsavorites?

Firstrock: Let me see some information on these green stones.
Bertrand: [with a small wave of his hand] You don''t need to see this information.
Firstrock: We don''t need to see this information.
Bertrand: These aren''t the green gems you''re looking for.
Firstrock: These aren''t the green gems we''re looking for.
Bertrand: We can go about our business.
Firstrock: You can go about your business.
Bertrand: Move along.
Firstrock: Move along... move along.

Shhhh....Tsavorites have been a little bit of a secret (unless you go over to the colored stone section of PS). 200 times rarer than emerald, 1/4 the price

I rather like the look of Tsavorites and whiteflash diamonds. I will have to try that combination some time.
25.gif

Ha ha ha.....that is priceless! Love the Star Wars reference...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that''s awesome, love that pop of color!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it! Congrats!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 3:33:23 PM
Author: Doomaise

I did not know that. Thank you! I knew Tiffany did that with tanzanite.

Gorgeous and I love the fact that they are untreated also.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG that ring is stunning I definitely can''t wait to see the IRL shots

cwj

Shiny_Rock
I love it!

MrG

Rough_Rock
Wow! I just joined to say how much I like it. Wonder what that design would look like with pink Sapphire.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love Tsavorites, and your ring is just a gorgeous use of them! That center stone is TDF, too!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Such a pretty color the tsavorites are!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and welcome to the Tsavorite fan club!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, congratulations! I hope you post more pictures!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I can''t wait to see handshots. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results