shape
carat
color
clarity

My Van Craeynest 812

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty - you definitely got a great deal on a beautiful ring - congrats!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
The detail is spectacular!!! Congrats!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I wish I could get a VC to set my OEC... so lovely!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! and definitely have an appreciation for engraved pieces. It looks wonderful on your hand MTG :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1302616196|2894005 said:
I love it! and definitely have an appreciation for engraved pieces. It looks wonderful on your hand MTG :appl:
Hey ring size buddy! Haha, if this was yellow gold I"d totally give you first dibs if I ever decide to let it go, lol.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade said:
D&T|1302616196|2894005 said:
Hey ring size buddy! Haha, if this was yellow gold I"d totally give you first dibs if I ever decide to let it go, lol.

haha... you are my ring size twinner! :tongue: I'd have so much fun in your box o jewelry :naughty:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, Ditto DT! I'm absolutely drooling over your new band from Victor. Hubba hubba!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckins1|1302609542|2893952 said:
It's beautiful! I wish I could get a VC to set my OEC... so lovely!

Oh VC and OEC make for such stunning combos! Do you have any plans for the OEC yet?

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
I think you found a beautiful ring there. I love the detail and it is amazing considering how dainty the band is. The diamond is beautiful too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iolitedreamer|1302667141|2894714 said:
I think you found a beautiful ring there. I love the detail and it is amazing considering how dainty the band is. The diamond is beautiful too.

I'm honestly surprised they don't strain their vision doing this work! I would love to visit the VC shop one of these days to see the process in persion

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Its so beautiful, you got a total steal and I am so jealous that my Craigslist city never has anything good.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
herekittykitty|1302699417|2894856 said:
Its so beautiful, you got a total steal and I am so jealous that my Craigslist city never has anything good.

Heh...I actually found it on ebay first. But noticed that the seller was from NJ and not that far from me. :)
It was originally listed at a price I couldn't afford, and then relisted a few times after that, but the seller never got any bids (probably because he had no prior feedback, and he didn't mention Van Craeynest or AGS0 anywhere in his listing) so he agreed to negotiate on the price, and we were able to meet in person, which works out for everyone since I got to see the ring in person first, and he didn't have to pay any fees.

But yeah, it was totally just luck that I saw it on Ebay and recognized it as a VC ring, and saw the diamond info on the AGS report. His photos were really blurry and his listing was very sparsely worded, so I can see why it didn't get a lot of interest.

I totally LOVE it though. I'm now seriously considering a VC pendant for when I reset the diamond. I figure if I save up for a year I can probably afford it, lol, and then I can send the ring in and have it touched up a little while they remove the diamond and reset it into a pendant. I wish there were more photos of their pendants though!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, regarding the pendants, I know. I need more pictures,too. I am wavering over whether to get a pendant I could wear everyday such as a milgrain bezel or whether to go with a VC that would only be worn when I am at least dressed in something besides jeans. So hard to decide!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1302565783|2893638 said:
Dreamer_D|1302565018|2893626 said:
Awesome! I hate to see that diamond taken out of the setting, but oh well ;))

Don't worry, it won't be anytime soon!
I probably won't reset it until I have the pendant completed, and that probably won't happen for another year (as I now lack funds, lol).

And who knows, I have total jewelery ADHD, I might just sell or trade it for something else by then. :tongue:

NOOOOOOO! This is one of those finds and pieces that comes along once in a lifetime, you are forbidden to sell it!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a beauty- glad it all worked out for you! :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1302710635|2894990 said:
Ugh, regarding the pendants, I know. I need more pictures,too. I am wavering over whether to get a pendant I could wear everyday such as a milgrain bezel or whether to go with a VC that would only be worn when I am at least dressed in something besides jeans. So hard to decide!!!!

I know! I'm having the same dilemma too!
I love bezels, but on the other hand VC's detailing is nothing short of just stunning, the little orange blossoms are TDF!
I might also consider Sally or Patrick Irla for a setting.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random side note, I think I found the answer to DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome)! I don't think this ring would look right with anything bigger than a carat since the details are so small and the shank is so thin.

Even though my ering stone is larger, I'm actually temped to wear this one as my ering and set my ering stone into a pendant, that's how much I love the delicate look to this ring lol. But hubby would kill me :rodent:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that these rings look best with a carat or less. I still think it would be nice to put your original stone in the ring and put the ring stone in a pendant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results