shape
carat
color
clarity

My Tiffany Bracelet has H&A diamonds. I''m surprised....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all, just wanted to share. I received my IdealScope, loupe and tweezers today in the mail, and I was having a blast looking at my jewelry. Anyway, my bf had bought me a diamond bracelet from Tiffany about two years ago. (This was before I found Pricescope, and now I feel ripped off...I could have gotten a majorly blingy tennis bracelet for that amount of money, instead of a measly .45 ctw...)

So I looked at all the diamonds under the IS and found out that all of them had very little leakage and displayed the arrows pattern very distinctively. I am by no means an expert, but the stones looked really well cut to my untrained eye.

I just wanted to share, because I was definitely surprised when I found out how well cut the tiny little diamonds are.

Here''s a pic of my bracelet from the website. I hope it shows.

14778055_xl.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, you can often see arrows in their pics! I bought the Tiffany Seas pendant and it only has .043 stones (8 of them for a combined .35tcw), and there are clear arrows in them with the H&A viewer, which is pretty cool, seeing how small they are.

Don''t feel ripped off, your boyfriend probably put a lot of thought into going into Tiffany''s to buy you a diamond bracelet, so you could open the blue box and feel special knowing the gift was bought with love and good intentions. Also, it''s real plus to know he didn''t go into Kayes : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

13034699_xl1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not... all it takes is good symmetry (the ''optical symmetry'' kind) to get an arrow pattern within a reasonably large range of proportions. And I would expect that fine melee would meet that sort of standard.

Besides, even if Tiffany does not make a case for H&A or ''patterns'' on their diamonds, it should be the case that quite a few of them show the arrows... whichever size.

I might be seeing things, but it looks like someone too care to endow most round diamond images on their website with set of an arrow pattern. It can;t be that their marketing department ignores the cache of H&A diamonds online... Funny enough.
5.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Don''t feel ripped off. My personal opinion is that owning a piece of Tiffany is an honor. Of course, all I have a wine glasses that were a gift LOL :)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I don’t see why they wouldn’t, my mothers e-ring is from there and has a great arrow pattern, so do the stones in my little cross. They don’t market cut very much because that is not how they sell, but that does not mean they ignore what makes a diamond look its best.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s a beautiful bracelet!!! i love the simplicity of it.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your bracelet, so I''m adding one more vote for ''don''t feel ripped off''.

Tiffany''s is great for the design- and your bracelet is an excellant example.

While I prefer to save the money, I''d never turn down a gift in a blue box and I would certainly enjoy mixing that with my more practical jewelry (i.e. cost effective purchases).

Hope I get the chance to do that someday!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Ana, never realized that was possible. It''s interesting to know though...thanks for sharing!

Matatora, very true....before this though, I always thought they concetrated more on workmanship and design and paid no attention to the cut of the stones themselves.

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments and for making me feel better about it. I do love the bracelet, as it''s the first (and only) thing that my bf will ever get me from there. And thanks for letting me share!

1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yeah... I have a pair of tiny bezel set studs (only .10 ctw) from T & Co and even at that size, they display very nice little arrows. I was delighted!

And another fun fact... my neice has quite a bit of Diamonique (CZs from QVC) and A LOT of those even display perfect arrows!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results