shape
carat
color
clarity

My Third WF Repair of the Solitaire Necklace

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
It seems as if I had been out of luck with WF. As much as I love their diamonds and wanted to love WF, too, it does not appear it is meant to be. This is not my first WF complaint :roll: but here I go again. Perhaps, some more experienced PSs can assist me, maybe set me straight and tell me that I am wrong.

Back in June I purchased 0.83ct ACA solitaire and WF platinum pendant. Due to some prong unevenness, it was sent back for adjustment. I accepted the repair and never examined it further. I very seldom have worn the necklace when I noticed (about two weeks ago and 6 months after the purchase) that one of the prongs was lifted. So I contacted my WF SA who was nice and prompt by providing me a shipping label. I sent the necklace back to WF. A week later, they sent me pics of the prongs being "fixed." I asked questions to make sure they were really fixed since pics were in less than mediocre quality and I could not tell if the problem persisted. Vera re-assured me that everything was fixed. So I approved them to ship the necklace back to me. I received it today and it appears that they did nothing to the prong as the prong remains lifted just as it was before. Am I over-reacting? I am attaching the pic of the prong in question. I do believe this is not an acceptable way how a prong should sit/hug the stone. The lifted prong IS visible to the naked eye, but my phone is really bad at taking pics, thus it resulted in a bad quality.

I did not mention anything first two times because I gave WF a chance to fix it and forget all about it. But, after the third time, when they had my necklace in a possession for over a week, and did nothing to it, I had to say something. I understand it might not land well with some PSrs, but it needed to be said.

First pic: before repair.
Second pic: after repair.

If I am correct, can someone, please, tag Brian (I do not know his nickname on here). Perhaps, he can come up with a suggestion on what to do. Perhaps, he can make sure that if this needs to be fixed, it actually will be.

Attachments

• IMG_9450.JPG
    IMG_9450.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_9598.JPG
    IMG_9598.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
When I zoom in on the pictures I think that the white part below the prong tip is actually a reflection on the diamond surface and not free space. If that was free space then the diamond looks like it would not be smooth underneath that prong tip if you follow the non-white outline of the diamond surface in that area.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see it.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
When I zoom in on the pictures I think that the white part below the prong tip is actually a reflection on the diamond surface and not free space. If that was free space then the diamond looks like it would not be smooth underneath that prong tip if you follow the non-white outline of the diamond surface in that area.

The white part is the gap, not a reflection. I looked at it with a 30x loupe as well as my eyes, which are way too good for my age.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Found him! @Texas Leaguer , can you, PLEASE, assist me with this?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Found him! @Texas Leaguer , can you, PLEASE, assist me with this?

Yes, I will be happy to assist with this. Vera will send you another shipping label and will alert me when the piece in back in our hands. I will look at the piece along with our production team.

I'm truly sorry for your disappointment.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I will be happy to assist with this. Vera will send you another shipping label and will alert me when the piece in back in our hands. I will look at the piece along with our production team.

I'm truly sorry for your disappointment.

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results