shape
carat
color
clarity

My tetris diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, there is a pretty funny store behind this one! I had just finished reading Elizabeth Taylor''s My Love Affair With Jewelry and I kept on commenting on how the only way i could ever hope to duplicate a piece of her jewelry was the get my very own "Ping-Pong" diamond ring.

My fiance laughed at me and rolled his eyes. A few minutes later he made the mistake of challenging me to a tetris duel. We are both pretty hardcore players but he usually wins. That is, of course, when diamonds are not on the table!!! Needless to say, I actually (miraculously) made it to level 23!!! I have been wanting to get my very own ACA round for awhile and we found the perfect tetris diamond ring.

We chose a .33 J SI1 ACA from Whiteflash set in a simple white gold four prong ring. I am very happy with my little ball of sparkle and I aspire to own a much larger ACA round someday....

sorry about the pics, i took them in the bathroom as we have had nothing but snow rain and generally yucky weather lately...

AllNewJeweleryPics022.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another shot....the diamond actually seems, to me anyway, much larger looking than a .33ct.

AllNewJeweleryPics027.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if anyone else has pics to share...feel free!

AllNewJeweleryPics038.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that last pic was pretty hard to get, lol!

AllNewJeweleryPics039.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Best. Title. EVAH.

And the diamond is gorgeous, too.
2.gif

papillon

Rough_Rock
That''s a delicate looking ring! Congratulations!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous! I love it. It does look a lot bigger then .33, and looks lovely on your hand.

Please add it to the ''Under 1ct'' thread, I love that thread
21.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely gorgeous. Am I the only one here thinking I would challenge him to a duel and upon winning, get another matching one and stick them both on either ear? Hee hee hee...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous! Well done!!!
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha, that''s awesome! i read your title and was thinking ''what on earth is a tetris diamond? i cannot wait to see this cut....'' it''s beautiful, enjoy!!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
That is too funny...I also won a 3.2 ctw. pear shaped G VS1 at a game of wii bowling (long story)!! Unlike you I have yet to receive my ring though, and don''t anticipate it anytime soon even though DH says he "always keeps a promise," lol, we''ll see...
11.gif

Congrats on the new ring, it''s a beauty for sure!!!
36.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 4:36:15 AM
Author: monarch64
It''s absolutely gorgeous. Am I the only one here thinking I would challenge him to a duel and upon winning, get another matching one and stick them both on either ear? Hee hee hee...
That is a fantastic idea!
31.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
What a great story, and ring! How fun!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and the diamond is a great size to someday put into a 3-stone ring, with your diamond on one side, a new, larger ACA in the middle, and a matching .33 ct. on the other side. That is what I should have done with my first diamond, a .24 ct. round, but I traded it for a marquise, and I always regretted it.
8.gif

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
This is so great!
36.gif

I, too, love the ping pong ring story in Elizabeth Taylor''s book. Your ring is so lovely! Do you mind my asking how much it was? WF does such an amazing job on anything they do, I would definitely challenge my BF to a game of something or other in order to get one of these. Nice job!
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a sweet bet! I was very intrigued by your title, too! I LOVE Tetris...and I am crazy good at it, too! (Once I get going, of course!)

Your ring is beautiful, and you have to love the upgrade policy at Whiteflash! You should challenge him to a duel every now and then for an upgrade!
11.gif
Pretty soon you''d have a 1 carat!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Beautiful diamond! I''m a tetris whore! My brother and I have battled it our for nearly 20 years, DH thought he could play til he met us. If only I had put diamonds on the line when he was still challenging me....
2.gif

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2007 12:52:20 PM
Author: rubybeth
This is so great!
36.gif

I, too, love the ping pong ring story in Elizabeth Taylor''s book. Your ring is so lovely! Do you mind my asking how much it was? WF does such an amazing job on anything they do, I would definitely challenge my BF to a game of something or other in order to get one of these. Nice job!
9.gif

i went for the J SI1 so it wouldnt hurt his pocket to much, with the setting it came to about $530.

i dont think i will ever upgrade it. i need to keep this to tell my children about someday!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and such a cute story!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!!! Please consider keeping this beauty and getting another when the time is right. I have a J colored .70 RB that I just love. The deeper colors bring out a more deep and romantic side of a diamond in my opinion. Colorless are great as well, but there is a mystery and warmth in the J colored IMHO. Enjoy your beauty. She is a looker.

Lisa

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty!

May I ask, why did you set it into a ring since you already have an e-ring (the one in you avatar, right?) and not a necklace or something?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Great story, and a great little ring. Yes, everyone can use a little diamond ring like that....even Elizabeth Taylor!!!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Whatta firecracker!
30.gif

Congratulations, and whatta GREAT STORY to tell the grandbabies one day!!!
36.gif

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2007 3:20:18 PM
Author: Addy
It''s pretty!

May I ask, why did you set it into a ring since you already have an e-ring (the one in you avatar, right?) and not a necklace or something?

i actually wear this in place of my ering sometimes and i wanted to make a replica of elizabeth taylor''s ping pong ring so a pendant just would do!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this in the under a carat thread--It's lovely!
I read her book over Christmas-present from DH.
I love that you have a TETRIS diamond.(I love tetris!)
I wanna SCRABBLE diamond!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Asscherhalo, the pictures of your "winning ring" remind me of ones I used to see over and over years ago when looking for e-rings. Most diamonds were in the "around a third or half carat or so" weight, most mounts look just like yours and it brought back so many memories!

I love your new ring!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I want one!!! My husband is better at everything... so I am going to practice Golden Tee, Darts, and Wii until I can get really good at one and then I am going to push him into a deal, and WIN WIN WIN!!!

Your ring is lovely, I am so happy for you! Not only did you get a lovely ering, but you also got some braggin'' right too!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ha! What a great story and what a little gem
2.gif
!

IHC- I beat DH and his BFF at GoldenTee once. I so should have demanded a blingy reward!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results