shape
carat
color
clarity

My Sweet Spessartite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my sweet Asscher spessartite. Sweet because there''s sugar in it! It''s 2.73ct and it measures 7.03 X 7.04mm. The sugar is quite amplified here but in real life, I don''t really see the sugar, the spess just looks a little hazy. That''s said, it is a very very bright orange. Enough talking, here are my amateur pics..

SSAsscherSpess1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful!!! What are your plans for it?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a luscious orange! its beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a real beauty.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
sweet stone..love the first picture..not to bad on the size either

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Great cut, color, size...and some neon? What more could you ask for?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
That is a very nice spess. Wouldn''t be a Mr Torraca special by any chance would it?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That is so beautiful!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone!

TL, I will set it into a ring, no idea on the design yet.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 12:00:02 AM
Author: Gailey
That is a very nice spess. Wouldn''t be a Mr Torraca special by any chance would it?
Gailey, thank you very much. I can''t believe I posted this without giving credit to the cutter! Yes, this is from Peter Torraca.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good sized stone and look quite nice in a couple pictures. It’s very hard to get eye clean Loliondos but as long as it isn’t distracting, it’s just about as good as it gets.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Great color and the cut speaks for itself :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so cool!!!!!!! What a lovely color!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I think that''s the first spess asscher that I''ve seen. Nice job!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 6:45:40 AM
Author: simplysplendid

Gailey, thank you very much. I can''t believe I posted this without giving credit to the cutter! Yes, this is from Peter Torraca.
Thought so. Can spot ''em in my sleep these days. Welcome to the "I own a Peter Torraca Asscher Club"

I might have to build a collage of them all one of these days! Can you tell I''m a big fan?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Simplysplendid - I am just ORANGE with envy! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Date: 8/12/2009 11:35:46 AM

Date: 8/12/2009 6:45:40 AM

That is a very nice spess. Wouldn't be a Mr Torraca special by any chance would it?
Gailey, thank you very much. I can't believe I posted this without giving credit to the cutter! Yes, this is from Peter Torraca.
Thought so. Can spot 'em in my sleep these days. Welcome to the 'I own a Peter Torraca Asscher Club'

I might have to build a collage of them all one of these days! Can you tell I'm a big fan?
I think he's getting even better at his asschers with all of this practice. . . this one is just lovely!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone..

Gailey, LTP, thank you. Amongst all the cutters, I like Peter''s asschers the best based on the photos that I have seen. Somehow the hall of mirrors effect are so beautiful on his asschers. This Tanzanian spess from him has sugar and it does take away the asscher effect to a certain extent, but the entire stone is still bright and beautiful. I would like to add more asschers from him to my collection..

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 7:59:20 AM
Author: Chrono
Good sized stone and look quite nice in a couple pictures. It’s very hard to get eye clean Loliondos but as long as it isn’t distracting, it’s just about as good as it gets.
Hi Chrono, yes, according to Peter, this is a comparatively clean stone. I don''t see the sugar in real life, just a slightly hazy bright/neony orange.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the color, just gorgeous.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 12:24:46 PM

Date: 8/12/2009 7:59:20 AM
Author: Chrono
Hi Chrono, yes, according to Peter, this is a comparatively clean stone. I don''t see the sugar in real life, just a slightly hazy bright/neony orange.
Wow! Love that orange and it''s an ascher to boot!
30.gif
I''m jealous on two levels!!
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So are you planning on setting it right away?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love asschers. I like the sugar in it too, I think it gives the spess personality!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Linda, Brandy and Szh..

TL, I might just bring this to the jeweler for setting today, if I can find sometime during lunch time to get there. I work as part of a regional team, so there''s no fixed lunch hour. My lunch time is generally filled up with meetings so I hope I get to go to the jeweler''s today. I miss my jeweler! I have been so busy lately that I haven''t gone down for months..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results