shape
carat
color
clarity

My splint shank e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. My ring finger is a 3.5, which I could have gone smaller b/c it is loose now b/c it''s cold outside. I wanted a setting that was very delicate, but not too plain or too out-done. I still think about that halo every now and then...
28.gif

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I also love split shanks. Congrats!!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring!!!! Its beautiful!
36.gif

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Your diamonds looks huge! Split shanks are my favourite....
30.gif

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
30.gif
Congratulations on your engagement!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement!

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 8:25:15 PM
Author: galleygal
Sparkalicious-I sorta helped but he chose the final setting. It was in the air b/t a memoire band, a halo (also by HOF), and this split shank. He suprised me...I guess I sort of knew.
41.gif

Lyra-There was band that went with it...but I didn''t like it. It is a bent band that that sits flush with it...I almost think that if I went with that band, I''d get two to balance the sides out. I was just thinking of a straight band as well. Do you have any ideas?
I love your ring :D I have the same setting, so I guess I''m biased! I have a princess center stone instead and is not quite as big as yours. I was wondering about the bands too. I have looked at other bands but havent found anything I liked because with the shanks being so thin, a lot of bands look awkward to me. I think I''d go with the curved band , but maybe 2 like you were saying to balance them out. Even FI agrees! So hopefully he doesn''t change his mind when we go in to look at bands in the next month or two
31.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, love the split shank design. So delicate and elegant.
The diamond looks huge for a 1 ct
3.gif

JiltedGen

Rough_Rock
I was thinking of getting my gf the same setting, can you kindly, if you dont mind let me know if your setting is platinum and the cost? I was told by a rep from Micheal C Fina that they only mount HOF diamonds on an HOF setting which i thought was BS and you proved that.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring, I absolutely love that setting
30.gif
! Congratulations on your engagement!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 1:01:47 PM
Author: galleygal
Thanks everyone. My ring finger is a 3.5, which I could have gone smaller b/c it is loose now b/c it''s cold outside. I wanted a setting that was very delicate, but not too plain or too out-done. I still think about that halo every now and then...
28.gif

I don''t think you could have picked a better setting. It''s lovely, and that diamond is HUGE on your tiny finger! Can''t beat that HCA, score, either! Congratulations.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
JiltedGen, my setting is not Plat. it is set in 18kt white gold. The cost of the setting was $2300. I''m not sure how much platinum would be? I prefered white gold so my FI never even asked for the price of platinum.

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
So Galleygal, your FI got your diamond and setting separately?? I also was under the impression that HOF settings could only be purchased with HOF center stones.

BTW, I heart your ring
30.gif

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Can I butt in? I got the same setting a few months back, and had a non HOF princess set in it. The cost of the HOF diamonds were way out of our budget, and our people didnt even mention that it was an issue. We simply picked out a setting we liked which happened be in the store at the time, and then a diamond from their hand-chosen collection. No problems whatsoever. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

ETA: Mine is also 18kt white gold, I can't remember what it was for platinum, but it was spendy. In my opinion, with so much of the area taken over with the diamonds, there is not much metal to show/compare.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
The center stone itself is not HOF. My FI did buy the loose diamond from the jeweler though. I know some places will not sell the setting without the HOF diamond.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow ggal, your ring is oh so lovely...I just adore those HOF styles !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results