shape
carat
color
clarity

My sparkly haloed garnet ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I coveted this for a while, saved my pennies, and then pounced!

Can''t remember the stats off hand, but I think the garnet is around 2.5ct with 15 pts of pave. The band is half eternity.

Garnet halo1.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a hand shot. The diamonds have some warmth to them, which I think actually enhances the ring.

garnet halo2.jpg

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful ring. Enjoy it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous, Independent Gal!! I love how the setting is so delicate around the stone. Congratulations on a beautiful ring.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!
36.gif
Enjoy it!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oooh la la! Good job...a well deserved and beautiful treasure!
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The setting is a beautiful compliment to the stone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous--enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is very pretty
36.gif
!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
what a lovely ring...enjoy!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s so pretty!!!! Where did you find it?

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oooo that reminds me of one of my all-times favourites (Makemepretty''s ring)! What a gorgeous ring!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats really beautiful - good choice!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, what a yummy color!! Love the setting. Please tell us more about it!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wowee...just beautiful!!!

I love it!
30.gif
30.gif

widget

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2007 8:54:36 AM
Author: Independent Gal
Here''s a hand shot. The diamonds have some warmth to them, which I think actually enhances the ring.
Interesting that you say that ... I totally agree! (I can''t see really what you''re talking about in the pix -- looks very white & nice) but in *general* I tend to think of white white white ICY white pave stones as FAUX ...especially in a halo around a colored stone or some style that''s been copied in low-cost costume jewelry. Where - more "mellow" stones (sparkly but not blinding WHITEWHITEWHITE) add an air of authenticity. And a more "antique" look that I adore.

NICE FIND!!!

P.s. -- ahem, quite far from the Bulgari in style .... pave halo lady.
2.gif
Though who says you can''t have two sides to you! Fascinating!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I really love it! Do you have any pictures of the gallery? I''d love to see the side of the ring.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely.
36.gif

I think The Eye should be your next piece. ;-)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice, simple, but definitely makes a statement!

doobao

Shiny_Rock
It''s so beautiful~~~

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
oooooooooooooooooh my....me likey likey! How beautiful! I want it!!!!

Diver

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I like it too. I''ve actually had it for a couple of months and it''s making me H-A-P-P-Y!

Hey HARRIET: do you think ''The Eye'' would look good with a halo? I think it has possibilities. Do you think if we haloed it, it would be like a fly... you know with lots of little eyes...each one staring... staring... staring...

DECO: Yeah, most of my jewelery is on the dainty side. (Except for my Tiffany bezel ring and a huge crazy / hilarious antique emerald ring from step-grandma which I should post sometime!) I do LOVE halos, especially big stones with tiny halos like the Harry Winston version. So the proportions are one of the things I like about this garnet. Too bad my guy hates halos!
26.gif
I''m like this with my clothes too. I have a lot of pink silky girly stuff, and then I have big square toed funky black boots and structured tops. Depends on my mood!

If I keep the Bulgari, I wonder if it would look funny with dainty ring collection on my right hand. hmmm....

KCOUR: Can''t take more pics till honey comes home. Why does he have to be away for so loooong?
39.gif
I miss him.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!! It''s such a beautiful ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! good things come to those who wait
2.gif
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2007 6:10:33 PM
Thanks ladies! I like it too. I''ve actually had it for a couple of months and it''s making me H-A-P-P-Y!

Hey HARRIET: do you think ''The Eye'' would look good with a halo? I think it has possibilities. Do you think if we haloed it, it would be like a fly... you know with lots of little eyes...each one staring... staring... staring...

DECO: Yeah, most of my jewelery is on the dainty side. (Except for my Tiffany bezel ring and a huge crazy / hilarious antique emerald ring from step-grandma which I should post sometime!) I do LOVE halos, especially big stones with tiny halos like the Harry Winston version. So the proportions are one of the things I like about this garnet. Too bad my guy hates halos!
26.gif
I''m like this with my clothes too. I have a lot of pink silky girly stuff, and then I have big square toed funky black boots and structured tops. Depends on my mood!

If I keep the Bulgari, I wonder if it would look funny with dainty ring collection on my right hand. hmmm....

KCOUR: Can''t take more pics till honey comes home. Why does he have to be away for so loooong?
39.gif
I miss him.
Which one? The first or the second? Can you photoshop a halo around it? That would be funny.:

http://www.ajsgems.com/TPK/TPK-00572.htm
http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?/details/vsa100aa/

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow pretty!
Where did you get it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!

We must have similar tastes cause I have a garnet cushion I've been saving for a setting JUST like that. I LOVE yours. I too am a BIG fan of dainty halos around large stones... and dainty jewelry generally.
30.gif

Did you get the set separate or as one ring?

Mine garnet is concave though:

gypsy%20garnet%202.JPG

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wow Gypsy! Your garnet is gorgeous. I really want a concave gem... but I''m working on about six other things right now so I better save that for another year. Is it a Homer?

And yes, I bought the ring complete. It should be fairly easy for a jeweler to make, I''d guess, what with so many halo settings around these days. Can''t wait to see yours!

HARRIET: If you visit ''colored stones'', I think you''ll find a halo for the ''The Black Eye'' in progress... I hope. I asked Irina to put her skills to use. But really, this is something we have to see.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2007 10:09:44 AM
Wow Gypsy! Your garnet is gorgeous. I really want a concave gem... but I''m working on about six other things right now so I better save that for another year. Is it a Homer?

And yes, I bought the ring complete. It should be fairly easy for a jeweler to make, I''d guess, what with so many halo settings around these days. Can''t wait to see yours!

HARRIET: If you visit ''colored stones'', I think you''ll find a halo for the ''The Black Eye'' in progress... I hope. I asked Irina to put her skills to use. But really, this is something we have to see.
Do we ever!
Btw, I''m going to need some design help from you with my rhodolites and danburite.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2007 8:54:36 AM
I totally agree that the warmer diamonds enhance the ring. The deep color of the garnet is beautiful and the dainty halo and band are perfect. I think it is very pretty. Enjoy and thanks for sharing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results