shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My sleek and simple solitaire by OWD/Mark T

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Your stone and setting are perfection. Enjoyed your thread AGAIN!

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
:love: :love: :love:
Your fingers are TINY! I have TINY finger envy as that stone looks HuGE

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry but I haven't been visiting PS regularly and only just now saw these questions :oops:

omd21|1438816044|3911649 said:
I know this is an oldish thread but Kristie, I was wondering if you miss wearing a RB, do you prefer the ORB or the Antique cut? I'm currently trying to decide between both.

Thank you!

Hi omd21! You've probably already decided by now but if you're asking whether I miss wearing a modern round -- not really because I still have my E/VS1 MRB from my original engagement ring that I received 15 years ago. But it doesn't have a great cut and its sparkle doesn't wow me, so I only wear it when I'm feeling nostalgic. :bigsmile: Between a well-cut MRB and a sparkly OEC, however, it would be tough to decide! I think these days, I gravitate towards the chunkier facets and rainbows of OECs. Since most OECs are lower in color, I think you kinda have to get used to that and ultimately be OK with it, or even enjoy it. When I wear my OEC, I sometimes find myself wishing it could be whiter, but then the lighting will change and it'll flash a pastel rainbow at me...and my heart melts. I think that's the "personality" that a lot of people are referring to when it comes to OECs. 8)

LuckyKelleyK|1430238194|3869036 said:
I love the work by Mark T, it's beautiful! One question for you, are the prongs "catchy"? Do you find yourself picking strings and hairs out of them?

Sorry for the very late response! I wear this ring almost daily and usually don't have any problems with the prongs catching, but every once in awhile, yes they will catch on something and I'll have to pick it out. But again, it doesn't happen often. I would say that if you choose this design and that is a concern, mention it to Mark and he'll do everything he can to minimize it. ::)

And autumngems, dkata,LLJsmom, apacherose, SparklySoprano, ariel144, Wendylynne: Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm still loving this ring and enjoying it every day. :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't catch this ring the first or second time around - so I'm glad it was brought to my attention as the Jewel of the week! What a lovely, elegant setting!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same as VR, great write up and a stunner of a stone and ring! :love: :appl: :love:

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm the last to see this post! The solitaire is perfection and Mark did a FANTASTIC job!!! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results