shape
carat
color
clarity

My sister is disapointed in me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 10:17:22 PM
Author: violet3
The lucida is an xprong, but it also comes in a bezel setting, which i believe is what hopedream is looking for. It''s beautiful BTW.
Oh, I didn''t know that, sorry. Just looked it up -- it is really beautiful! Well, let us know what you decide hopedream.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:06:15 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Do you have a problem with going custom that''s not local? I think WhiteFlash did LTP''s setting, and maybe neatfreak''s too, and they do great work. Something to research anyway...
Neatfreak''s was done by ERD, Mark does great work! Another to check out.
1.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the sugestions and info my dear ladies!

I look forward to watching that documentary! (maybe with my sister?)

I know I have plenty of time to figure out what i''m going to get. (We''re as poor as church-mice)
I may stick with the Tiff''s (assuming a big brand like that must do their best to avoid a big slanderous expose) and hope that the Kimberley process is doing it''s job.

I might get something made by one of the excellent artisans featured here, and use a canadian diamond. [ (ascher, cushion cut....hmm.....lucere....hmm (not radiant or emerald cut) (RB= too common) ]
I love the squares and rectangles!

Total respect to all the excellent RB and Radiant ladies out there though! (all ladies are radiant
2.gif
)

I haven''t actually tried anything on yet (I''m far too shy to), so I don''t even know what looks good. It seems that some folks are converted to the RB when they actualy go shopping.

I''m a practical girl though (quite utilitarian), so no pave or pronged settings for me
(I''m very fussy about it not catching on anything and it having the least amount of crevices for gunk to collect)
I ''m hoping for a ring that is smooth, tidy, and comfortable. (I''m not even sure about channel set diamonds on a wedding band - do they get gunky?)

I want a ring that is as comfortable as my relationship with my BF and one that will be with me through all parts of my daily life (gardening , tidying etc.)
I will take good care of it and keep it clean, but I don''t plan on taking it off.

My sister is realy quite joyful for the two of us and I suspect she''ll change her tune about diamonds when she''s older. She''s just not at that stage of her life yet.
(She looses a lot of stuff and can''t comprehend owning anything worth thousands that could just get lost.)

Many Blessings!

HD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results