shape
carat
color
clarity

My Second Asscher "Experiment"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m toying with the idea of being really boring and non-fun, and getting a setting just like my e-ring. Knife-edge, solitaire with four boring prongs, to wear with my wedding band and maybe assault my husband with bunches of "hints" (aka, NAGGING), about how nice this size looks on my finger, wouldn''t it look great in a diamond, too . . .
31.gif

Cellentani - Thanks! You know that vallejo topaz of yours sort of influenced me in this direction, too. I''m actually doing a lot better with the 8mm than I thought! I don''t think I''d want to go any smaller, but I was a little worried that I''d be discontent . . . once I saw it, though, it was a keeper!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 3:57:16 PM
Author: Chrono
I would have mistaken it for an aquamarine. Nice cutting – does that come as a surprise?
31.gif
9.gif

Thanks Chrono! Yes, I''m really pleased with how the little "experiment" turned out . . . it might actually fool some people into thinking it''s aqua! Looove the cutting. Gary is such a skilled cutter, and such a nice guy, too. Already want to jump back in line for another stone!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
FBP

I''m pleased that I was your inspiration, even if you did end up with a completely different stone. Your topaz looks amazing, so much nicer (IMO) than the irradiated topaz you see all the time. I think you will be pleased with 8mm. At 10mm the depth of the stone would have been so much greater, it would have sat really high on your finger. I have an 11.2mm citrine asscher. It''s depth of 8.97mm is just too deep for me to consider a ring for the stone.

I was shocked to hear about your Paypal and banc acc issues. Do you think there is a direct correlation between the two? Can''t have been two random attacks surely? My Paypal acc is only linked to a visa card. They invited me to add in my bank acc details and I declined. I am so pleased that I chose not to do that.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your asscher.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 4:06:14 PM
Author: Gailey
FBP

I''m pleased that I was your inspiration, even if you did end up with a completely different stone. Your topaz looks amazing, so much nicer (IMO) than the irradiated topaz you see all the time. I think you will be pleased with 8mm. At 10mm the depth of the stone would have been so much greater, it would have sat really high on your finger. I have an 11.2mm citrine asscher. It''s depth of 8.97mm is just too deep for me to consider a ring for the stone.

I was shocked to hear about your Paypal and banc acc issues. Do you think there is a direct correlation between the two? Can''t have been two random attacks surely? My Paypal acc is only linked to a visa card. They invited me to add in my bank acc details and I declined. I am so pleased that I chose not to do that.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your asscher.

Gailey, I love that citrine asscher of yours, too! I know how you feel though -- my first stone was a 12mm asscher and I think it''s depth is something like 11mm . . . it towers like crazy and at this point I feel like it will end up just sitting at my desk as a pretty rather than actually being set.
20.gif
It''s a beautiful knickknack though! lol

You make a good point about the correlation between PayPal and the bank. At this point I have no idea, but this will be the THIRD debit card I have gotten within the last year and a half, the first two being automatically replaced and sent out with a message about the Visa processing center having been compromised. Really makes you wonder. I''m sort of thankful for the bank transfer option in PayPal, though, b/c without it I would not have been able to sneak in and pay Gary!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad things work out concerning the hackers. The topaz turned out beautifully! Look at those windmills??!!!
30.gif
I can''t wait to get my Asscher!! Gary is the man!!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear about all of your banking difficulties and hope that everything is cleared up once and for all.

That is a beautiful topaz, though, that Gary cut. Makes me start thinking about an asscher of my own...

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Cushioncut- and Austen- nuts (lol - a coincidence!): Thank you!

Yes, AustenNut, you should definitely get an asscher. Of course, I''m a little biased. lol Is the Austen referring to Jane? If so, I''m a bit of an AustenNut as well.
35.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2009 3:31:20 PM
Author: fierypyropixy
It''s such a lovely little blue.
its gorgeous! I too would have mistaken it for an aqua. I always love those asscher cuts
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely asscher!!

Sorry to hear about the bank troubles
7.gif
I''ve had some experience there myself, the bank was good at resolving it smoothly though.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 4:00:28 PM
I''m toying with the idea of being really boring and non-fun, and getting a setting just like my e-ring. Knife-edge, solitaire with four boring prongs, to wear with my wedding band and maybe assault my husband with bunches of ''hints'' (aka, NAGGING), about how nice this size looks on my finger, wouldn''t it look great in a diamond, too . . .
31.gif

Cellentani - Thanks! You know that vallejo topaz of yours sort of influenced me in this direction, too. I''m actually doing a lot better with the 8mm than I thought! I don''t think I''d want to go any smaller, but I was a little worried that I''d be discontent . . . once I saw it, though, it was a keeper!
I am so with you FPP!! For me, any DSS I have must get assuaged by gemstones, and that has led to my "nothing less than 8mm rule." I always wear them as RHRs, but every so often, I switch them to my right hand.....sigh.

I''m flattered you liked my vallejo topaz. It''s being set right now - should be done by this weekend or Monday. I have a white topaz that I''m in a quandry over how to set - I just got a WG LOGR (I think it was one of the settings we suggested as a possibility for your first asscher), but it looks kinda blah. I''ll be watching to see what you end up doing!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you D&T and MTG!

Date: 8/26/2009 11:26:50 PM
Author: cellentani

I''m toying with the idea of being really boring and non-fun, and getting a setting just like my e-ring. Knife-edge, solitaire with four boring prongs, to wear with my wedding band and maybe assault my husband with bunches of ''hints'' (aka, NAGGING), about how nice this size looks on my finger, wouldn''t it look great in a diamond, too . . .
31.gif

I am so with you FPP!! For me, any DSS I have must get assuaged by gemstones, and that has led to my ''nothing less than 8mm rule.'' I always wear them as RHRs, but every so often, I switch them to my right hand.....sigh.

I''m flattered you liked my vallejo topaz. It''s being set right now - should be done by this weekend or Monday. I have a white topaz that I''m in a quandry over how to set - I just got a WG LOGR (I think it was one of the settings we suggested as a possibility for your first asscher), but it looks kinda blah. I''ll be watching to see what you end up doing!

Ok, ditz alert: I can pretty much tell by the context clues of the sentence, but what does DSS mean? LOL

Can''t wait to see the vallejo topaz set -- and want to see what you mean by "blah" for this white topaz. I bet it will look lovely!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fire,
DSS = Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 1:02:41 PM
Author: Chrono
Fire,

DSS = Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome.
Ahhhh, I see!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 12:58:28 PM
Thank you D&T and MTG!

Date: 8/26/2009 11:26:50 PM
Author: cellentani

31.gif

I am so with you FPP!! For me, any DSS I have must get assuaged by gemstones, and that has led to my ''nothing less than 8mm rule.'' I always wear them as RHRs, but every so often, I switch them to my right hand.....sigh.

Ok, ditz alert: I can pretty much tell by the context clues of the sentence, but what does DSS mean? LOL

Can''t wait to see the vallejo topaz set -- and want to see what you mean by ''blah'' for this white topaz. I bet it will look lovely!
Sorry FPP - I see Chrono filled you in. And I meant I sometimes switch my RHRs to my left hand (I was the ditzy one!)

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no worries, I knew you meant left. Hehe
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results